England Vs Denmark

I think this is going to be much more difficult than Ukraine but we must go in full of confidence after our last two results, and with home advantage. I think Southgate will stick to what has worked so far and quite rightly so at this stage.

Comments

• Are White and Coady the only outfielders we haven't used yet? And Stones the only one who has played every minute? Impressive rotation.
  • Stones was replaced by Mings towards the end of the Czech game

White, Coady and Chilwell haven't been used
  • The next game must be a matter of " If it ain't broke don't fix it"
  • Stones was replaced by Mings towards the end of the Czech game

Which probably suggests a usual 23 man squad would have done the trick.
  • Which I believe is what Southgate wanted all along.
  • 2-1 Eng-er-land

Neil Webb
    Tony Dorigo (pen)
  • alderz said:

Stones was replaced by Mings towards the end of the Czech game

They've been lucky so far with injuries though. Compare to France who lost both their left backs and some other players. The other three could've easily ended up playing.
  • alderz said:

Stones was replaced by Mings towards the end of the Czech game

They've been lucky so far with injuries though. Compare to France who lost both their left backs and some other players. The other three could've easily ended up playing.
    France losing both their left backs was a blow, but it was so stupid of them to change their entire system to try to handle it. The team was so used to playing 4-3-3 and then changing the set up totally ruined them, IMO.
  • Yeah. Though I’m not that surprised. I personally don’t think Deschamps is a very good manager, he’s just carried by exceptional players. They had no strategy for supplying the attacking players apart from giving it to Pogba.
  • Been giving this a lot of thought. Denmark are a step better than Ukraine, so Southgate needs to play 13 rather than 12 this time. That should do it. =)
  • I can't stand a jinx.

https://news.sky.com/story/euro-2020-pubs-in-england-to-stay-open-longer-in-case-euro-2020-final-goes-to-extra-time-and-penalties-12350015

Should we not appear arrogant enough to the rest of Europe Our glorious leader announces we will keep pubs open so fans can enjoy the Euro final..... Before the semi final has even been played !
  • Football fans will still watch the final whether England are in it or not, although probably not in the same numbers. Would you fancy turning the TV off at 5-5 on pens?
  • I don't have the information regard whether this is something that has been done for past Euro finals, If it has that should settle it.
  • What was the state of the Hospitality Industry the last time? It's not always political.
  • Well they run out of my favourite beer the last time there was a Euro final.
  • Errrrrrrrrr what???????

11pm closing time was abolished in 2005 (Licensing Act 2003) and I'm told it is now normal for pubs to have licences that allow them to stay open for an hour or two after their regular closing times for just such occasions (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve).

My local Wetherspoons stays open to midnight most days (1am Fridays and Saturdays)
  • It's Sunday, though.
  • Doesn't make any difference, that all stopped in 2005.

As I mentioned my local Wetherspoons stays open to midnight every Sunday so why would they need a special licence to stay open until 11:15pm?
  • Not sure. I googled, and seems to say that after the licensing laws were relaxed, standard closing time is 10.30 Sundays. That was a ukgovdot type site.
  • A quick Google of the pubs in my vicinity most shut at 11pm on a Sunday, I've found four that shut at midnight and only one that shut at 10:30pm
  • Know which one you're going to avoid then. 😁
  • My personal bar will be open sharp at 2a.m. Thursday morning, with no closing hour planned. And I don't need anyone's permission =)
  • My spoons shuts at 10:30 Sundays, 11:00 Mon-Sat. (Used to be 12:00 Fri-Sat) .Up until the quarter final they weren't showing football, so not to encourage crowding .
  • I'm off out but 'It's Coming Home.' 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Come on England.
  • I’m off work for the rest of the week and I’ve changed my out of office to “it’s coming home”
  • Finished my Vindaloo and am now waiting for kick off.
    It's coming home.
  • That Vindaloo might be coming home sooner than you think
  • The brain dead booing a foreign national anthem again, I despair
  • never a free kick
  • cracker of a goal though from that free kick