Newcastle away

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Lukerz said:

9 subs permitted this season,

?
    On the bench?

Have you got a link, Lukerz? I can only find ones saying that apart from concussion subs, the subbing rules are reverting to the pre-covid format.
  • I will try and find it, sure I read it somewhere as it surprised me
  • Substitute Players
    L.28.
    Subject to Rule L.28A, in any League Match a Club may include in its team sheet up to nine substitute Players of whom not more than three may take part in the League Match subject to the conditions set out in Law 3 of the Laws of the Game.

L.28A.
    In each League Match in Season 2021/22 to be played on or after such date as is notified by the Board to all Clubs, in addition to the three substitutions permitted by Rule L.28, each Club shall also be permitted to utilise up to two ‘concussion substitutes’ and/or two ‘additional substitutes’ (as appropriate) from those substitutes listed on the team sheet, strictly in accordance with the provisions of the International Football Association Board’s ‘Additional permanent concussion substitutes – Protocol B’ (“IFAB Protocol”) and any associated guidance issued by the League. Each Club must also provide the League with such information as is necessary to ensure compliance with the IFAB Protocol.

L.29.
    Not more than three substitute Players of each Club shall warm up at the same time on the perimeter of a pitch upon which a League Match is being played.

Pages 188-189 of 21-22 Handbook.
  • Cheers, herb :-)

It's now as clear as ... something quite muddy.
  • Also from this season the clubs have to hand over the team sheets to the Ref 75 minutes before kick off, which is a change from 60 minutes previously as I understood it.
  • Oh! What about FF deadline? I guess will stay same because (I assume) ref will have it but it won't be public until an hour before?
  • I bet they didn't consider that. 😬
  • Typical. All about them.
  • FF deadline ?? What's that?
  • Is the FF deadline not now 90 minutes not 60?
  • Good spot. Yes it is.
  • FF deadline ?? What's that?

Fantasy football deadline.
  • edited August 2021
    What is Fantasy Football? West Ham with new players / Noble kicking the ball forward or Spurs winning something?
  • https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

A bunch of us have a mini-league.
  • edited August 2021
    IronHerb said:

Good spot. Yes it is.

But I thought they might move it even further forward.
  • Martin Atkinson is in charge on Sunday.
  • Could be worse, we could have Ron Atkinson or Rowan Atkinson.
  • Willock has gone up to Newcastle for a medical and will be available if he signs before midday Friday
  • I'm travelling up today but won't be signing. 😀

Make sure you keep up good match reports as I won't make out much from my perch up in the gods.

COYI

⚒⚽️⚒
  • I'll see even less from my perch above the Alps!

Won't see the result until I land :-(

COYI!
  • From Moyes's press conference

Angelo Ogbonna (hamstring) "back in some sort of training"

Lanzini "a little bit of a groin problem" but he's back around the group as well

Fabianski
    Coufal Dawson Diop Cresswell
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Benrahma Fournals
    Antonio

From Bruce's press conference

Apart from goalkeepers only LB/CB Paul Dummett out (calf)

Doesn't look as if they got Willock across the line in time for Sunday
  • Willock confirmed on the nufc website, will be available for Villa away next Saturday
  • With Alves leaving for Sunderland, one assumes that Oggy will be fit for the bench, otherwise it'll be one of the kids backing up Diop and Dawson.
  • Reido ;bowdown :wink:
  • Has Reid been around the 1st team in pre season? Would be great if he stepped in a few times this year
  • Playing at home has made a massive difference already. Moyes'Boys need an early goal to keep the Geordies quiet...
  • Matchday =)

COYI
  • edited August 2021
    Whatever we think about transfers, hopefully we give the players that are here are full attention & support. They have done nothing since July 2020 to deserve any less than complete faith & hopefully they can start the season with a positive result today (hopefully a win, but in front of a full house a draw is not a terrible outcome, especially as we lost there last season).
  • edited August 2021
    I think the game will suit us. I think we are made to counter & I think, normally, Bruce would be telling his team to let us have the ball & sit deep. But with it being a full house & no doubt the buzz that goes with that & it being an opening game of the season, despite whatever Bruce says, I can see them coming out the blocks & I think if we can get 0-1 up in this we will pose a threat on the break for the remainder of the match. Of course if they come roaring out the blocks & we can’t handle it, that would not be ideal.
  • edited August 2021

Has Reid been around the 1st team in pre season? Would be great if he stepped in a few times this year

According to Radio New Zealand on Thursday he picked up a knee injury at the Olympics and hasn't returned to training with West Ham.