#ChampoHype - playoff edition

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Just been reading that Brentford's success in finding talent is down to analytics rather than just scouts.

I’ve been saying for years that the club should hire me
  • That's statalytics isn't it?
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

Just been reading that Brentford's success in finding talent is down to analytics rather than just scouts.

Why would you go to Brentford ?
  • another London derby for the spuds to lose next year hopefully
  • Fulham (West London) relegated
    Brentford (West London) promoted (probably)

Keeping the London contingent steady. ;)
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

There’s a timescale required to get players in though 😂😂
  • IronHerb said:

Yeah massive part of it. In fact they mentioned during the game that the scout in France who found Benrahma, Mbuemo and Maupay is a teacher.

I always thought their approach of selling their best players as soon as they could was weird because I thought they’d never be able to get a settled team but to be fair the system has worked, even when changing managers.

I mostly want them to come up because my friend supports them and is a massive pain so I want us to crush them.
  • IronHerb said:

That's statalytics isn't it?

Stattilicious B)
  • Outcast, I read they need to make £15m a season profit on transfers to pay their way. They are doing that in spades at the moment and show few signs of failing to do so.
  • Champo final Brentford v Swansea 3pm next Saturday

They drew 1-1 both times they met this season, last season Brentford won both games (3-0, 3-1) but the season before Swansea won both (3-0, 3-2).

The Norwich supporter down my local reckons Swansea are the better side this season even though they finished 7 points behind Brentford
  • Arrggghh as a part time R don’t want Brentford going up.. but Swansea.. playing for a chance to play in the ENGLISH premier league..

🐝 it is
  • 🐝 vs 🦢

And no I’m not talking the masked singer

3pm and it’s liveeee
  • I definitely want Brentford to win today
  • I'm team Swansea. For no other reason than most people seem to want Brentford so want to see people upset.
  • Hamstew said:

I'm team Swansea. For no other reason than most people seem to want Brentford so want to see people upset.

Great, now you’re on my list.
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

I'm team Swansea. For no other reason than most people seem to want Brentford so want to see people upset.

I made the list guys 😁
  • Now you're just a number.
  • I went right off Brentford when I watched them against Bournemouth and even more off Ivan Toney

Yesterday Brentford manager Thomas Frank described Swansea manager Steve Cooper as "one of the most talented English managers"

Steve Cooper was born in Pontypridd

Whoops
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

• I hope Swansea win because it confuses certain people as to why a Welsh team in in the EPL.
  • I'm not confused by it, just think it's wrong.
  • Brentford roll around on the floor a lot
  • They'll fit in to the Premier league.
  • edited May 2021
    That was a good goal

And it's a long way back to the valleys
  • Brentford coming up
  • Swansea should be deducted points for that strip😃
  • Looks like someone had a raspberry explosion
  • edited May 2021
    Red card for Swansea now

Seeing replays it looks harsh imo, but no way back for Swansea now.
  • Is VAR involved today?