#ChampoHype - playoff edition

13»

Comments

• I’ll answer myself... NO...
  • I know that VAR is not in championship, but considering this is such an important game I’m not sure why it isn’t tbh.....:
  • Winston coming on!
  • Definite red for a terrible tackle.
  • Winston coming on!

Well, that's a nice £5m bonus for us when they buy him.
  • edited May 2021
    IronHerb said:

Definite red for a terrible tackle.

To me it seemed like he slipped then caught him due to this, but what do I know....Regardless, Brentford fully deserve it ....
  • Well done Winston, a nice medal for him
  • edited May 2021

IronHerb said:

To me it seemed like he slipped then caught him due to this, but what do I know....Regardless, Brentford fully deserve it ....
    Yeah, in real time it looked horrible, but seeing the play from a different angle it's not malicious or even particularly negligent as his foot came down on the other player's boot (as said player ran across to get between him and the ball) and slipped out from underneath him; that's the only reason his feet were off the ground, although I didn't pick it up in real time or even from the first replay from that camera angle.
  • Yeah Brentford are definitely going to annoy me next season.
  • Am i right that Reid is out of contract with us this summer
  • steve said:

Am i right that Reid is out of contract with us this summer

You are not! I believe he has another two years on his deal.
  • alderz said:

steve said:

Am i right that Reid is out of contract with us this summer

You are not! I believe he has another two years on his deal.
    Then my commentary team were wrong, if this is true what you say, they said he's out of contact this summer/now....

Who's got their stats right ....???!!!....
  • edited May 2021
    West Ham United are delighted to announce that Winston Reid has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

The long-serving centre-back has put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him in Claret and Blue until summer 2023, meaning he will potentially spend 13 years in east London.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/august/18-august/winston-reid-signs-new-long-term-west-ham-united-contract
  • IronHerb said:

He only slipped when he planted his boot into the achilles of the Brentford player. He also had a look at him when running across and slightly changed direction to catch him.

• Brentford look like Wimbledon of the 80s, a talentless thug side who win by fouling plus reputative diving from Sergi Canos and another "Zaha" in Ivan Toney

Looking forward to getting 6pts from them
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

He only slipped when he planted his boot into the achilles of the Brentford player. He also had a look at him when running across and slightly changed direction to catch him.

Fair enough, if that's what you believe.....
    Some might see it differently...
    That you can agree....

But who cares, the Bees were deserved winners...and the red card would IMO have made no difference in th end result.
  • West Ham United are delighted to announce that Winston Reid has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

The long-serving centre-back has put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him in Claret and Blue until summer 2023, meaning he will potentially spend 13 years in east London.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/august/18-august/winston-reid-signs-new-long-term-west-ham-united-contract

Never doubt the stat king then....
  • Congratulations to the Bees for promotion to the prem. look forward to next seasons games against us. Just lose ok? Know your place, we are massive.
  • Brentford look like Wimbledon of the 80s, a talentless thug side who win by fouling plus reputative diving from Sergi Canos and another "Zaha" in Ivan Toney

Looking forward to getting 6pts from them

Everything I’ve heard is that they’re one of the best teams to watch in the championship
  • I don't see anything Wimbledon about them at all.
  • If there as bad as ASLEF makes out and who am i to disagree with him then var will sort them out =)