FA Cup Final 2021

13»

Comments

• So envious of what they're doing. It's what we should be aspiring to but I really can't see it under our current lot.

Everybody aspires to it.

Who actually does it?
  • Correct Mrs G.
  • alderz said:

The daylight rule for all of your body.
    This is simple.

The problem, though, is that VAR will be in place whatever the rule is. Whether you’re drawing stupid lines to determine whether a nose is offside, or to determine whether or not there is daylight between the players, you’re still drawing lines.

The technology isn’t ever going to make it go back to the naked eye, and even if it did the naked eye was pretty rubbish a lot of the time before anyway.
    Perhaps the solution is to get rid of the lines.

If they can’t judge the video by naked eye, it’s too tight to overrule? Yes we want the right decisions but I personally also want to keep the spirit of the game. I think if you can’t see whether they’ve got an advantage without measuring it, then maybe they haven’t got advantage. And I’m worried we’ll eventually lose strikers playing off the shoulder of defenders because it will become so hard for them to judge that they’ll play a yard deeper. .
  • I have to say it was quite emotional watching the owner lifting the cup. I went to that Leicester game where he lost his father in that helicopter crash. In the pub afterwards I found myself consoling grown men in tears. I have never seen such true affection for an owner of a football club before. Well done Leicester city FC.
  • I wonder how many of the grown men had actually met him.
  • MrsGrey said:

I wonder how many of the grown men had actually met him.

There’s a lot of people in the world that I’ve never met that I was very sad about passing.
  • Indeed. I've shed tears over the demise of purely fictional characters.

I'm just not sure how much we can infer about the person ( in this case the Leicester chairman) from the reactions of people who never knew him.

I think it says more about the person who feels the sadness.
  • I think it was more about what he did for the club and the way he did it. Nice article here from a fan and journalist-

https://news.sky.com/story/leicester-city-fans-love-vichai-for-his-deeds-not-his-words-11538249
  • Was not able to watch the game but am very pleased at the result, very very pleased