FA Cup Final 2021

This discussion was created from comments split from: Other Matches - 7th May.

Comments

• Cup final day

Anyone else want a Chelsea win 🦁

Anyone?
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • They play each other Tuesday in the premier league, wonder if they will play weaker teams so as their at the fitness peak for then, or do they prioritise the cup ?
  • The Leicester fans I know would prefer a FA Cup win , as they haven’t won it yet, over qualifying for the Champions League. If the winners don’t qualify for the CL, and go into the EL, then that’s one less place via the PL. 😬
  • The Leicester fans I know would prefer a FA Cup win , as they haven’t won it yet, over qualifying for the Champions League. If the winners don’t qualify for the CL, and go into the EL, then that’s one less place via the PL. 😬

Wouldn’t they still qualify by league position if they come top 6, as City won the league cup, meaning the EL positions are the same?
  • OCS, My understanding is the non CL spots are 5th & the 2 Cup Winners but if they are both already in the top 4 it goes down a spot for each one. So if Leicester were to win the cup and finish 5th then they plus sixth go into the EL and 7th is the ECL. If both CFC & LCFC were top 4 it opens up an additional spot for the EL or am I confused? 😀
  • edited May 2021

OCS, My understanding is the non CL spots are 5th & the 2 Cup Winners but if they are both already in the top 4 it goes down a spot for each one. So if Leicester were to win the cup and finish 5th then they plus sixth go into the EL and 7th is the ECL. If both CFC & LCFC were top 4 it opens up an additional spot for the EL or am I confused? 😀

As far as I can tell, there's no effective difference unless Leicester finish outside the top 6, as, if they won the FA Cup and finished 7th or below, 6th place would go into the ECL rather than the EL.
  • OCS, My understanding is the non CL spots are 5th & the 2 Cup Winners but if they are both already in the top 4 it goes down a spot for each one. So if Leicester were to win the cup and finish 5th then they plus sixth go into the EL and 7th is the ECL. If both CFC & LCFC were top 4 it opens up an additional spot for the EL or am I confused? 😀

You may be right. I thought it was the 5th and the 2 Cup winners, unless one of the cup winners had qualified through Europe through the league. As City won the League Cup, 6th qualifies through the league.
  • I'm confused about who qualifies with what...so many permutations , if there's an R in the month or an E in the day etc. I'd like Leicester to win the cup and us to win our last 3 games.
  • Chelsea in tracksuits #noclass
  • Is the point of introducing Prince William to every player purely to make them as uncomfortable/confused as possible before kick-off?
  • Is the point of introducing Prince William to every player purely to make them as uncomfortable/confused as possible before kick-off?

What...rather than after the game do you mean ?
  • MrsGrey said:

Chelsea in tracksuits #noclass

Fixed it for ya.

Don't they always do this? Some royal bod walks along the line.
    And the national anthem.

Bah Humbug.
  • He's President of the FA.
  • Does he play football?
  • Yeah, they always do it. Everybody just looked even more pained as they couldn't shake hands. Such pointless pomp.

He's President of the FA because he's a prince. And he's a prince because stupid reasons.
  • He knows nothing about football, he supports Villa
  • :o That weather. Omg 😂
  • Not a great first half tbh.
  • What a goal. Terrific.
  • Keeper just put his weight on the wrong foot. Otherwise he might have got there.

I want them both to lose!! :(
  • Blimey, that woke us all up
  • Eh, what? What day is it? Is it morning?
  • What a banger
  • Cracking goal, but definitely a handball by Perez immediately beforehand. I thought the rule this season was that any handball, even if unintentional, in the build up to a goal means it's chalked off.
  • Touchel looks more like a member of the Chelsea firm rather than the coach.
  • Better that a foul was not given, the rule is ridiculous.
    I would much rather Leicester to win too.
  • Cracking goal, but definitely a handball by Perez immediately beforehand. I thought the rule this season was that any handball, even if unintentional, in the build up to a goal means it's chalked off.

"even if accidental, immediately: scores in the opponents' goal. creates a goal-scoring opportunity."