FA Cup Final 2021

Comments

• Handball rule this season has this exception

It is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
    directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
    if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
  • I must admit I thought it might have been chalked off on review. Glad it wasn't though
  • Better that a foul was not given, the rule is ridiculous.
    I would much rather Leicester to win too.

Ridiculous or not, if it's the current rule (not saying it definitely is, but I know we've had a couple of goals ruled out because of it in the last couple of seasons) then it should have been applied.

Wrt who I'd rather win, I don't like Schmeichel after what he did to us in their title winning season, and not that keen on Vardy either, so I'm kinda torn as to who I'd prefer to win; I'm not as anti Chelsea as a lot on here, but Tuchel really annoys me.
  • Must admit for some reason Tuchel gets on my nerves as well
  • Handball rule this season has this exception

directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
    if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger

Is that overruling the ' leads to a goal' thing, though?
  • I prefer Leicester as a club. Agree Vardy is annoying, but I guess that is because he is good.
  • edited May 2021
    Vardy is a pain to defenders, as an attacker I think he's just what you need
  • edited May 2021
    Yep, and he looks like Steptoe.
  • get in VAR
  • Oh dear, how sad, never mind. 😂
  • Another ridiculous rule. Offside by a mm with a part of your body that can't score.
    Glad for Leicester, but these rules must change for next season.
  • MrsGrey said:

Handball rule this season has this exception

Is that overruling the ' leads to a goal' thing, though?
    I believe it's 'directly' leading to a goal. So the player who handles the ball then shoots and scores or passes to the goalscorer.
  • edited May 2021
    IronHerb said:

I believe it's 'directly' leading to a goal. So the player who handles the ball then shoots and scores or passes to the goalscorer.

So it should have been ruled out by that definition?
  • edited May 2021

How are you suggesting that they word the offside rule then? Genuinely interested.
  • I think the directly and immediately are linked. You could say Tielemans still had a lot to do to score as the ball didn’t just bounce for him to hit it.
  • IronHerb said:

So it should have been ruled out by that definition?
    Perez didn't shoot or pass to Tielemans did he?
  • Oh, SHUT UP!!

Not you, the fawning on the beeb.
  • The 'Daylight' offside rule worked for me. The strikers should get the advantage
  • Daylight for which body part. Any? All?
  • Unless it goes against us....I want that written in the law
  • I’m glad I chose not to watch the game if it causes this amount of debate 😂😂
  • MrsGrey said:

Daylight for which body part. Any? All?

I’d suggest wording the rule something like:

“Offside should only be given any part of the attacking players body is near the West Ham United goal”
  • The daylight rule for all of your body.
    This is simple.
    This is simple.

But it will still founder on the mm issue, surely? Almost daylight for all the body except for toenail on left big toe...
    This is simple.

The problem, though, is that VAR will be in place whatever the rule is. Whether you’re drawing stupid lines to determine whether a nose is offside, or to determine whether or not there is daylight between the players, you’re still drawing lines.

The technology isn’t ever going to make it go back to the naked eye, and even if it did the naked eye was pretty rubbish a lot of the time before anyway.
  • Yes of course. If VAR continues to be used, it will always go down to a mm no matter what rule you have. However, at least the daylight rule gives the attacking side the advantage.
  • So that's the Premier League and now the FA Cup for Leicester under this ownership.

So envious of what they're doing. It's what we should be aspiring to but I really can't see it under our current lot.
  • What is taken to the cup final every year but never used?
  • the best thing is that the chavs will be really bitter and they play them again next, should be fun mind games, wonder if they will clap them onto the pitch
  • Losers ribbons