Hammer of the Year

Comments

• If Pep does the quadruple it's his, if not It will be Moyes unless he tries defend his way into a Euro spot and we collapse.
  • edited March 2021
    Moyes won’t get it unless he gets a CL spot. (And pep fails with a clean sweep)
  • yoyo said:

To be fair to Pepe he's currently still on for a possible quadruple. If he gets that then he's a shoe in

Forgot about that. Do they award it for overall season or just premier league?
  • If City do the quadruple then Pep would have rested many players and juggled around his squad. To win the league on top of everything else is no mean feat and everything else should be taken into consideration
  • DJ Hammer said:

Dodger58 said:

With the general level of commitment of all players has been so positive this season and the great performances of several strong contenders, is the real 'Hammer of the Year' David Moyes?

Absolutely not, players only. Moyes can try for manager of the year

Although I get what Dodger was saying... you dismissed it outright....
    not sure , our own ‘hammer of the year’ has squat diddley to do with anyone outside our club!!!
    Not sure I follow what you’re trying to say. What has anyone outside the club got to do with anything, it was you who said that. I certainly dismissed Moyes being hammer of the year, yes. I’ll say it again in case you didn’t understand, Hammer of the season is solely for players and I get it that Moyes had made a massive impact on the team this season, but he, Moyes, can be put forward for manager of the season.
  • edited April 2021
    DJ Hammer said:

DJ Hammer said:

Dodger58 said:

With the general level of commitment of all players has been so positive this season and the great performances of several strong contenders, is the real 'Hammer of the Year' David Moyes?

Absolutely not, players only. Moyes can try for manager of the year

Although I get what Dodger was saying... you dismissed it outright....
    not sure , our own ‘hammer of the year’ has squat diddley to do with anyone outside our club!!!
    Not sure I follow what you’re trying to say. What has anyone outside the club got to do with anything, it was you who said that. I certainly dismissed Moyes being hammer of the year, yes. I’ll say it again in case you didn’t understand, Hammer of the season is solely for players and I get it that Moyes had made a massive impact on the team this season, but he, Moyes, can be put forward for manager of the season.
    Not sure u did get my point, so let me try again...Trust you will get it now...

You said Moyes can try for manager of the year, no?... then he would be up against other managers from other teams!! That was my whole point..Against other team’s manager’s....

And let’s be real, this season has been behind doors, so somewhat different to the norm, so what is stopping our club to decide to also break the norm and give it to our manager....Just sayin, DJ....👍🏻⚒️

And for what it’s worth, my vote would go to Soucek
  • After another goal and assist I'm saying Jesse and he's fast becoming my favourite! Yes, he's not been here long but his impact has been great. Maybe too great and he's making me like him too much as in when we try to buy him at the end of the season we won't get him (disappointed down the line in anticipation type of frown)
  • This is always the risk of loaning a player without getting an option to buy. If we don't get him, we'll have to find someone who can affect the games in the way that he has, which could take time and money away from recruiting the other players we need.

Thanks to his form, which is obviously great for us right now, it gives Man U the advantage in the summer. We'll have limited funds, and it may cost us £30m+ to get Lingard and basically stand still in terms of the squad.
  • He has been way beyond what I thought he would bring. I have been amazed at how good he is. I knew he would be a first 11 player for us, but the quality he has shown has surprised me. I didn’t know he was that good.

We will get nervy as he is in the form of his career. We may be required to pay something like £30m-£35m to secure him & even that doesn’t guarantee it.

But, as I said last week, we were 5th before he signed, we were doing well. I don’t see a future for him at Man Utd unless they offer him to begin next season as number one in his position.
  • This is always the risk of loaning a player without getting an option to buy. If we don't get him, we'll have to find someone who can affect the games in the way that he has, which could take time and money away from recruiting the other players we need.

Thanks to his form, which is obviously great for us right now, it gives Man U the advantage in the summer. We'll have limited funds, and it may cost us £30m+ to get Lingard and basically stand still in terms of the squad.

But takes two to tango

What if it was United who didn't want it to include a buy-option?

If it was from their side, should we have just not brought him in if we couldn't make it permanent? because if we didn't we'd probably out the top 4 race already
  • I've no doubt it was United. My comment wasn't a criticism; just an observation, and not specific to Lingard.

Obviously I'm delighted that we got him; like Lukerz I've been surprised at just how good he is. My point is that because he's that good and we don't have an option (again, not a criticism of our owners), we may struggle to make the move permanent.
  • I think with Rice having an extended period out Soucek or Coufal may be in with a shout now.
  • Soucek would have won IMO, but has not been so visible since Rice has been out. Coufal is making a “late” run.
  • Soucek, but I won't say why in case I jinx him...
  • edited May 2021
    I think I'm going to vote for Cresswell.

He's been crucial when we've played a back 3, creating chances for fun in that system. Then when we moved to a back 4 he's had his best season at left back that I can remember in years. AND I was absolutely adamant that he was passed it, that we needed a new left back, and that he was rubbish, so he's been the most surprising player for me.

Honourable mentions to: Every single other player in the first team squad, except Yarmolenko
  • Just except yarmolenko
  • Might just vote for Jorderz after that amazing run of match threads =)
  • Might just vote for Jorderz after that amazing run of match threads =)

Even after that howler with the Champions League logo?
  • alderz said:

Might just vote for Jorderz after that amazing run of match threads =)

Even after that howler with the Champions League logo?

Three defeats in four since Logo-gate.
  • Jamie Carragher has Soucek as his signing of the season and Coufal in his team of the season
  • At least Carragher had players from outside the so called big six in his scope unlike Neville. Fawning over Maguire who has made plenty of gaffes this season and Son who has been pretty underwhelming in 2021
  • Erm, Carragher has Son in his XI, not GNev.
  • ...and Son who has been pretty underwhelming in 2021

Really? You are a tough audience!

I know goals aren't the only thing but ...

17 goals, (second only to Fernandes who is on pens) and 10 assists.

Last season it was 11 + 13
    Previous season 12+8
    The one before 12 + 8
    And before that 14 + 9

Interested to know what other criteria you are judging by to say this season was underwhelming.
  • Tbf I'm not really surprised

Walker has shares minutes with Cancelo all season, no way he starts In front of Coufal

And Maguire? Joke. Hes not as bad as some say but no way is he PFA team of the year good, Stones should've been nailed on

Rashford has had a good season, but think Salah or Grealish should've been on the wings, imo they get in above Rashford and Son

And while Foden is lighting it up atm, he only has 14 starts....think some have looked over the last 10 games not the whole season

Ederson
    Coufal - Stones- Dias - Shaw
    Fernandes - Soucek - De Bruyne
    Salah - Kane - Grealish

Could argue Gundogan deserve a nod over a soucek but not for me

Only contentious is Son over Grealish
  • I think Pepe has work miracle's with the limited amount of billions to forge a squad that good, money makes a great manager even better :open_mouth: , would he be as good with our budget/squad, for me Moyes given the transformation should be manager of the year.
  • I don’t think I am being tough on Son

He plays alongside Kane who has racked up an insane number of assists for Son. Kane is one of the very best in world football.

Son has not been consistent all season. When he has played, Grealish has been.

Spurs considering the players at their disposal and how few injuries they have had to key players have been pretty ordinary this season.

So no, Son doesn’t deserve to be there IMO

I hope I don’t jinx this by sparking a goal spree for him in the last few games of the season
  • Arguable Kane has those assists because Son has been putting them away. He's also assisted Kane a number of times. They seem to perform well at the same time, from what I can remember.
  • edited May 2021
    I'd have chosen Tom Daley over Grealish! 😄
  • I’ve chose Ryanair over the spuds in and out of Europe in 90 mins, and errrr carragher makes me laugh says soucek signing of the season but can’t get in his team awesome 👏
  • Anyone have any idea how the club intend to award this accolade this year? Surely too great a season to just let it pass by?