Other Pl matches this weekend 12 -15 March

13»

Comments

• alderz said:

But if it was that clear and obvious the assistant should be putting their flag up anyway, and the free kick would be awarded instead of the corner. Which, to me, shows exactly why assistants can’t be trusted to flag for clear and obvious only; they often are wrong.

The problem for me is that rather than us getting a free kick for the offside, because no goal was scored, manure had the unfair advantage of a corner rather than concede the free kick. So if they had scored from the corner that they should never have had in the first place ..............
  • alderz said:

But if it was that clear and obvious the assistant should be putting their flag up anyway, and the free kick would be awarded instead of the corner. Which, to me, shows exactly why assistants can’t be trusted to flag for clear and obvious only; they often are wrong.

The problem for me is that rather than us getting a free kick for the offside, because no goal was scored, manure had the unfair advantage of a corner rather than concede the free kick. So if they had scored from the corner that they should never have had in the first place ..............
    Yeah, this is exactly what I think will happen, and, as always, it will go more in favour of the big clubs, because no-one dares making a mistake that works against them (anyone remember Man Utd being allowed to score after the ball was at least 2 feet out of play? Oh, it doesn't matter, it was only against West Ham).
  • And that was from the assistant doing his primary job of checking that the ball is in play. His job is to run the line. Buffy 2 feet? It went behind Moyes and he was in the technical area. If the bench had been quick enough they could have caught it.
  • Buffy in some of the cricket internationals the Regulations dictate that the run out decisions are ALL taken by the video umpire, same as for 'No Balls', the on field umpires have to refer them.
  • spuds blowing a 2-0 first leg lead, priceless
  • and bye bye Europe cannot wait for the special one to explain that
  • Oh dear never mind =)
  • The spurs result deserves all three buttons pressed. Jose will be having a few uncomfortable days ahead.
  • =) snigger
  • Having conceded three goals whilst being in control of a match, they have now conceded three after being in control of a tie 😂😂
  • Having conceded three goals whilst being in control of a match, they have now conceded three after being in control of a tie 😂😂

consistency at its best
  • Tomas & Vlad will be happy tonight as Slavia march on in the Europa League. I read a quote on the BBC website saying how impressive Prague are as they never stop running.
  • Jose reckons Spurs lack not just the basics of football but the basics of life.
  • Lost me at "Jose reckons"
  • IronHerb said:

Lost me at "Jose reckons"

You read THAT far :p
  • I was hoping the second word was fired. 😂
  • Dont want him fired ,To much fun
  • Just realised, technically speaking, Felipe Anderson can put “champions league quarter finalist” on his CV
  • Arsenal are due to play Prague next round. Let's hope they go out, too.