Yuck! Stupid Villa on Wednesday!

Comments

• Cresswell hat trick

Well he does have the match ball
  • Interesting calls

Fredericks RW to help Coufal but also pace on the break
  • A tad surprised
  • It looks like Moyes is reverting to a 3-5-2/5-3-2/3-4-3 formation tonight with Antonio and Lingard/Benrahma up front. I wonder who will be the LWB - Coufal or Fredericks?
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Souček - Rice
    Fredericks - Lingard - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • I think that looks like a 3-4-3 again?

Fab; Dawson Oggy Cresswell; Coufal Rice Soucek Fredericks; Lingard Benrahma; Antonio

The fact it’s Lingard and Benrahma makes me think they are both playing fairly narrow.
  • Fredericks will be playing to combat Grealish

No way is he LWB
  • Not sure about this line up but Ay let’s see, seems the easy option to drop fornels and Bowen the two of our best defensive players on show only time will tell
  • Lukerz said:

Fredericks will be playing to combat Grealish

No way is he LWB

Bowen does as much work in defence as Fredericks, so I’m not sure about that, but we’ll see
  • Cuz1 said:

Not sure about this line up but Ay let’s see, seems the easy option to drop fornels and Bowen the two of our best defensive players on show only time will tell

How about rotating rather than dropping?
  • It has to be about stopping Grealish.
  • You would ask Grealish to switch wings if you were Dean Smith
  • Which is fine, as he’s not left footed
  • Surprised Lingard is starting as he hasn't played all season. I expected him to appear with half an hour to go.
  • Herb you say rotating I say dropping tomato tomatoe still the easy option
  • Lingard starting is a bit of a risk, I fear. But at least we have a decent looking subs bench now, for once.
  • Surprised Lingard is starting as he hasn't played all season. I expected him to appear with half an hour to go.

Yeah, he's not had a lot of football, but the theme of the week seems to be 'trust Moyes' so let's see what happens.

Hope we're not paying Villa too much respect by changing how we play; swapping Bowen for Fredericks can't be seen as a positive move, and our forward play will suffer as a result.
  • Lingard i guess will get 60 mins ,Fredericks in is a bit odd dont really get that
  • You and me both Steve
  • Bowen is also a threat with his set piece delivery. Cress may well be taking all of them today now.
  • How exactly does Antonio get his shorts so short?
  • Can't believe BT think we'll break up our back 4 and play Coufal ahead of Fredericks; don't see that at all.
  • Glenn Hoddle: “they’ve changed it up a bit, usually they play a back five, but today it’s a four with Cresswell at left back”.

Glad to see he’s been watching the last few months
  • Hoddle saying we're playing with a back 4 although we normally play with a back 5

Maybe he's not seen us since Arthur got inured two months ago..
  • He also just said Antonio stood on Cash's 'toe ankle'.

He gets paid actual money to say words.
  • Villa right back , Matty Cash, a Grealish look a like. Somebody should tell him that the Barnet is not a good look
  • Chance for Antonio, but scuffed into the 'keeper's arms.

Lingard looking decent.
  • I'm watching without commentary because I cannot listen to the utter rubbish from Ian Darke and Glen Hoddle any longer

• Penalty claim ignored as usual, really want a better look at it.