Yuck! Stupid Villa on Wednesday!

Comments

• That half has flown by. An entertaining 0-0
  • edited February 2021
    Antonio has been pretty ineffectual so far.

Lingard looking good, but I expect he'll tire, which is a shame as he's our biggest threat.
  • Only 1 minute added, after a 2 minute stoppage for one injury, apart from anything else.
  • Really good performance and unlucky not to be ahead, I think.
  • Lingard has started well. We have been enterprising and created chances.
  • Antonio has been pretty ineffectual so far.

I actually disagree with this and was going to say the opposite. Antonio’s runs, work rate and physicality are creating space for Benrahma and Lingard to link up and create a lot. I think Antonio has been really selfless, and has meant that the rest of the team can really play.
  • Lingard has ran the show. Keep finding him with the ball. He has so much composure.
  • Option to buy, option to buy!!!!
  • Lingard has had an impressive 1st half....
    Decent all round performance...
    COYI ⚒⚒⚒
  • According to the studio, Villa have edged it? What game are the watching?
  • I think it’s clear we have been the better side in terms of our footballing quality, but they have had the more clear cut chances.

Hopefully we are clinical second half.
  • Has the BT host gone mad? Have Villa edged with their chances he asks? Hmm. 3 shots 0 on target to our 10 shots 5 on target. What a plank.
  • My stream hasn't shown the incident where Soucek went down as he played in Antonio, was this looked at on BT? Was it yet another penalty that we've been denied?
  • At least they said we should have have a penalty - and said Grealish would have gone down!
  • Yes and yes. 🤬
  • At least both pundits said we should have had a penalty. Even going as far to say that if it was Grealish he would have definitely made sure he won the penalty with that contact.
  • WHU should have had a penalty, out first of the season, I think. Lingard looks good, and rest look fine too. Need to score.
  • Soucek did go down though.
  • Coufal is an absolute baller. Best signing we've made in years.
  • Much more of a penalty than UTD's last night
  • edited February 2021
    It really is a joke, Soucek was denied one in another recent game. VAR is supposed to be correcting this sort of stuff, but they seem to have reverted to changing very little (certainly for smaller clubs), and onfield refs give us nothing at all.
  • IronHerb said:

Soucek did go down though.

More of a stumble I think. Grealish would have rolled about 4 times!
  • Saying Villa have edged that half is just ridiculous.

Seems to be a horrendous media love-in for Villa that's really churning my stomach.
  • TV ref says no penalty. Ex-players say penalty.

Says it all really.
  • Waste of s great chance by Antonio with a hopeless shot when Benrahma free on goal, never mind, Soucek scores!
  • Antonio should have played in Benrahma
  • Poor, poor choice by Antonio. Benrahma free on the left and in on the 'keeper and Antonio tries a shot from range...

But...

SOUCEKKKKK
  • How does Antonio think he's going to score like that.
  • Oh Soucek is a joke of a man.