FA Cup 4th round from 23 January

13»

Comments

• Confirmed now 7.30 KO Tuesday 9th February.

But Man Utd have a Premier League game the night before? I honestly can't see them having to play matches 2 days running, so they'll be allowed to rearrange their fixture to be nice and fresh, whereas we play at 5.50 pm on Saturday. Seems very odd, unless the broadcaster of the Monday night game allows it to be moved to earlier in the weekend.
  • Confusing. I got the info from the BBC.

The BBC will broadcast three live FA Cup fixtures at the fifth round stage, starting with Manchester United v West Ham on Tuesday, February 9 on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.

Other games selected for BBC broadcast are Chelsea’s visit to Barnsley and Sheffield United host Bristol City, who are pushing for the play-offs in the Championship.

Tuesday, 9 February

Manchester United v West Ham - KO 19:30 GMT, BBC One and BBC iPlayer

• Not saying you're wrong Whitehorse! It just seems an odd one
  • I know Alderz, something will have to change they won't play two games in two days.
  • SKY will move the United game back to Saturday or Sunday. I'm pretty sure they have done that before.
  • IronHerb said:

SKY will move the United game back to Saturday or Sunday. I'm pretty sure they have done that before.

Indeed, but given there are games being played on Thursday it seems strange ours isn't one of them. Sky wouldn't usually want to rearrange a televised fixture in a normal season, but I suppose this season is anything but normal. There isn't a fixture scheduled for a late late game on the Saturday before (the 8pm or thereabouts kick-off) yet (no Covid rearranged fixtures showing just yet, the bulk of the fixtures are listed as Saturday at 3pm still), so maybe the Man Utd game will move there, and a match with 2 clubs already out of the FA Cup will be allocated to the Monday evening slot?
  • Sky can swap AV v AFC to Monday & the Manchester United game to Saturday lunch time or our game @ Fulham could be moved to 12.30 to give us more of a rest. 😉
  • Sky can swap AV v AFC to Monday & the Manchester United game to Saturday lunch time or our game @ Fulham could be moved to 12.30 to give us more of a rest. 😉

Is the 12.30 slot on Saturdays a Sky slot rather than one of the other broadcasters? If so, that's a very good shout.
  • edited January 2021
    alderz said:

Confirmed now 7.30 KO Tuesday 9th February.

That's so strange to me. I'm amazed that Sky would agree to move their Monday night game
    According to live-footballontv.com Man U play Everton on Monday 8th and us on Tuesday 9th

Think there might be a bit of jiggery-pokery but if not then our chances of getting through to the quarters just got a lot better

Plus its my 60th birthday on the 8th and as I can't celebrate it as planned with the future Mrs shrugged in New Orleans this would be a welcome birthday present.
  • Buffy, got my facts wrong the Villa game is on BT so over to Sky to sort out. 😬
  • Manchester United game at 8pm on Saturday, Leeds v Palace now Monday. 👍
  • Manchester United game at 8pm on Saturday, Leeds v Palace now Monday. 👍

Yeah, that was what I said might happen.
  • My boss (yeah I know he's a QPR supporter) has us down to win the cup, and has even put money on it. Hope that doesn't jinx it 🤞