FA Cup 4th round from 23 January

Comments

• I thought Dewsbury-Hall was a stately home...
  • Luton keeper clearly more than 2mm (😀) off his line before penalty struck and saved but VAR deems it ok. Must be a West Ham issue then.
  • I had to turn the commentary off. That Karen Carney says everything in a monotone. Just did my head in.
  • I had to turn the commentary off. That Karen Carney says everything in a monotone. Just did my head in.

She said that Chelsea got the 3 points
  • Hamstew said:

I had to turn the commentary off. That Karen Carney says everything in a monotone. Just did my head in.

She said that Chelsea got the 3 points
    I heard that too. 🤦‍♂️
  • edited January 2021
    On MOTD last night Dion Dublin said that Cheltenham’s captain led them to a deserved victory, before they moved on to all three of City’s goals
  • OK. 🤦‍♂️
  • Is it just me or was that Mane tackle an amber card?
  • Jorderz. Get the match thread started. Moysie, get Reido to step up his training.
    COYI
  • The look of relief on Klopp’s face when he realised he’s dodged an embarrassment in the next round.
  • I see that James Maddison - the pioneer of the socially distanced goal celebration - didn’t keep it going for very long
  • Of course not. It's the same as the whole simulation directive where Lanzini was the only that ever got a retrospective ban or keeper keeping his feet on the line, I'm pretty sure Fabianski is the only player who's been penalised for that.
  • 1-0 to the Wycombe boys. Gotta laugh.
  • Same as Cheltenham/City game, minnows tire in last. 10 minutes and keep conceding.
  • Wiltshire score for Bournemouth
  • Goal and assist for King, too. Wonder if we're still in for him 🤔
  • It was Crawley who have covid in the camp and the TOWIE guy in their squad. Even Antonio might have scored against them.
  • I still like Wilshere. I think what he said about the club after leaving has been taken out of context a bit tbf. Glad to see him scoring.
  • All 5th round ties being played at 19.45 Wednesday 10th Feb according to BBC website though no TV listings yet as far as I can see. Man U are playing Everton at home on the Monday before and we visit Fulham on Saturday 6th.
  • The FA website says the same thing with the note "Fixture dates and times may change, subject to TV selections and replays"

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Basically we wait until BBC and BT sport decide who gets what and when.
  • So they've yet to decide, but they had to draw the 5th round at the same time as the 4th round? Where's the logic in that?
  • F.A. and logic = oxymoron.
  • edited January 2021

All 5th round ties being played at 19.45 Wednesday 10th Feb according to BBC website though no TV listings yet as far as I can see. Man U are playing Everton at home on the Monday before and we visit Fulham on Saturday 6th.

Seems certain we'll have to play on the Thursday (11th) then, and our game the following weekend (v Sheff Utd) will have to be played Sunday 14th (or ideally Monday 15th, but if it suits us better it will never happen). The Premier League games that weekend haven't had their Covid re-arrangement yet, so the bulk are still listed as 3pm Saturday.
  • ......but they are being played on the Wednesday not Thursday. Confused??
  • ......but they are being played on the Wednesday not Thursday. Confused??

I can't see them making Man Utd play on Wednesday if they've got a league game on Monday at 8pm.

• Why not? 🤔
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55849586

We're on the BBC, but the date hasn't been confirmed still.
  • Confirmed now 7.30 KO Tuesday 9th February.
  • Confirmed now 7.30 KO Tuesday 9th February.

That's so strange to me. I'm amazed that Sky would agree to move their Monday night game