Other matches, 26th - 27th December

Today

12:30pm Leicester v Man U
BT Sport got lucky, 2nd v 3rd with just a point between them although when the fixtures were announced Man U were back in 10th and 5pts behind.

3pm Villa v Palace
A rare live game on the BBC, 9th v 13th and once again I'm deeply conflicted; Zaha or Grealish?

3pm Fulham v Southampton
On Sky, 7th v 18th, Fulham have drawn their last three, Saints will be without Ings, Vestergaard and Romeu. Another point for Parker?

5:30pm Arsenal v Chelsea
On Sky, 15th v 5th. I was invited to be spend Boxing Day with my Gooner friends for food, beer and football although given Arsenal's current form I suspect the beer might have run out early.

8pm Man City v Newcastle & Sheff Utd v Everton
Both on Sky, 8th v 12th, 20th v 4th. By now we'll all be feeling a little sleepy, both games look predictable, there's room for a turkey sandwich and even Eastenders looks more inviting.

Tomorrow (all on Sky)

12pm Leeds v Burnley
14th v 16th Burnley have kept four clean sheets in the last five away games but have also failed to score in four out of five. 0-0?

4:30pm Liverpool v West Brom
1st v 19th more pain for BFS

7:15pm Wolves v Spurs
11th v 6th, two weeks ago Spurs were top of the table, now they're 6 points adrift of Liverpool. Let's hope Espírito Santo can extend that gap

Comments

• Whoops, the 8pm games fixtures are both on BT Sport

Rashford misses a sitter
  • As for Palace v Villa well i hate ..........Oh never mind
  • Bruno Fernandes could have been booked 4 times but Mike Dean too weak / biased / incompetent ? letting him stay on and score and then Glenn Twaddle gives him MOM. Also near the end he screamed out and rolls on the ground as if he'd been hit by a sniper then the ball comes towards him and he suddenly jumps up and sets off on a run.
  • Brother Sledge, he plays the “Manchester United” way.
  • edited December 2020
    But Norwegian manc still loves him,that accent creases me
  • Can't stand this Villa team. I am so confused about how well they're doing.
  • edited December 2020
    Villa V Palace. what a horrendous fixture... enough to make anyone puke 🤮
  • edited December 2020

Bruno Fernandes could have been booked 4 times but Mike Dean too weak / biased / incompetent ? letting him stay on and score and then Glenn Twaddle gives him MOM. Also near the end he screamed out and rolls on the ground as if he'd been hit by a sniper then the ball comes towards him and he suddenly jumps up and sets off on a run.

Thought Dean had a good game IMO not every foul is worthy of a card....Just my opinion of course....
  • It’s lousy when you want both teams to lose and only one of them does. =)
  • edited December 2020
    Roy's Christmas goose has been well and truly cooked. Shame =)
    His expression is gold. =)
  • Palace are truly dreadful. What a pity they aren’t on around 10 points right now
  • Villa are playing some good stuff, despite the diving, and Ollie Watkins was superb.
  • IronHerb are you saying villa have players that dive and ultimately cheat surely not 😂😂😂
  • Cuz, I am but they didn't dive today, Palace just kept kicking them.
  • IronHerb said:

Cuz, I am but they didn't dive today, Palace just kept kicking them.

Even better
  • How bad are palace ,Could somebody explain to me how on earth could we not Beat Newcastle ,Arsenal,or palace
  • Add Chelsea to that list
  • edited December 2020
    Was just about to post that we struggled into teams now getting their backsides whooped, maybe the loss of Arthur and the forced change of formation more impactful than we thought.
  • Chelsea look as poor as we were against Newcastle
  • edited December 2020
    More like Arsenal look better than they have all season.

Maybe the problem is Aubameyang and they're a better team without him
  • This is such a strange season. Whilst I feel we are playing better than last season, and our position in the league is good, I just don't know how well we are actually doing, if that makes sense......
  • I see the Blunts have lost - again. Shame that 🤣🤣🤣.
    Call for Colin!!
  • My Chelsea mate has gone into : “Lampard must go!” overload.When I pointed out that even one of the richest clubs in the world can’t win every game he replied “BUT WE’VE LOST 3 AWAY GAMES THIS SEASON!”

Sometimes you just have to smile to yourself don’t you?
  • Anyone else notice Zaha's crafty little shove from behind on Mings just before Mings shoved Zaha over to earn a second yellow.

That confirms Zaha as top of my hate list, above Grealish
  • This is such a strange season. Whilst I feel we are playing better than last season, and our position in the league is good, I just don't know how well we are actually doing, if that makes sense......

A few bad results against teams were expected to beat ie Newcastle Brighton West Brom and turns the season around, yes we’ve had some good results and performances but one swallow doesn’t make a summer so here’s to more good ones
  • Anyone else notice Zaha's crafty little shove from behind on Mings just before Mings shoved Zaha over to earn a second yellow.

That confirms Zaha as top of my hate list, above Grealish

Did anyone else think it was weird that Mings got booked for handbags with Zaha when he was walking away, didn’t push or shove or even engage in any verbals?
  • Zaha was claiming that Mings clipped him on the back of the leg although to me it looked like Mings was trying to avoid stepping on McGinn. Zaha truly is an unpleasant little man, the merest suggestion that we might be interested in him sends shivers down my spine.
  • I thought Mings kicked Zaha in the first incident.
  • Not really fair is it. How are you meant to not kick someone like Zaha.
  • I thought - during the handbags between Mings and Zaha - the ref should have split the difference and sent Grealish off instead.