Other games 12th - 17th December

Comments

• edited December 2020

Bubbles you’re missing the point. If the VAR ref can’t decide if it’s a penalty or not after looking at it for 3 minutes and then asking the on field ref “what do you think” then it can’t be an obvious penalty whatever we may think.

It is clear and obvious, he takes the player out 100%. No way that isn't given at the other end.
  • I believe that when they ask the ref to go to the monitor the VAR ref thinks it's a penalty.
  • Hate villa
  • IH the VAR ref can award the penalty so why ask the ref. He can just say it’s a penalty.
  • IronHerb said:

I believe that when they ask the ref to go to the monitor the VAR ref thinks it's a penalty.

Or at the very least think the ref has made an error.....which IMO today was a prime example, penalty all day for me...
  • I've got no issue with calling the ref over to have a second look, because you're giving the ref a chance to correct his own mistake, rather than the VAR ref over-ruling him which, given how reluctant refs are to accept responsibility for poor decisions would probably lead to fewer correct decisions as the VAR would be less likely to basically say that the other ref is wrong.

In this situation, it's obvious that the defender kicks what would be the standing foot of the attacker as he tries to plant it. Definite penalty, and I'd be furious if that wasn't given for us.
  • I often thought refs were fair, and looked at teams in the same light, call it naive...because today I agree if that was a top 4 team it would have been given, am astonished that Marinner did not give if, unexcusable for me, he is experinecd enough to know better.....shocking.
  • Regardless of what we all think which is it was a penalty it can only be overruled if it’s deemed a clear and obvious error but if they take 3 minutes looking at it then to them it’s not clear and obvious. I don’t know if the views they look at are close ups and magnified or if they see the same as us. If the latter then it shouldn’t take 3 minutes.
    The retaken penalty issue on Friday took them 4 minutes which is ridiculous.
    If decisions have to be clear and obvious then there should be a time limit on checking.
  • edited December 2020
    Another ridiculous handball penalty for arms being high even if tucked into the body. Only Michael Flatley can jump high with his hands down by his side.
  • Disgusting decision by Marriner. >:)
  • Crazy ,No way ,Now i hate Liverpool ..Oh wait i always hated liverpool .Well i hate them more now ,poor scot parker what more could he do in this game
  • Bubbles it was the right decision for a stupid law.
  • Liverpool get handed games on a platter. Hopefully Players won’t give their back as much after that pen. Been slowly becoming the norm to avoid blocking shots.
  • It's all well and good stating it has to be a clear and obvious error but the VAR refs are the same refs who make clear and obvious errors every week and then sit in judgement at Stockley Park on their peers.
  • Well played Fulham never easy against 12 men
  • What's going on with Arsenal?
  • At what point do we count Arsenal as relegation candidates?

They’ve been dreadful every time I’ve seen them.
  • Arteta surely has to go ?
  • Shame is they managed to beat us. 😡
  • At what point do we count Arsenal as relegation candidates?

Next 3 - Southampton (h), Everton (a), Chelsea (h)

So maybe now.
  • When Liverpool drew 1-1 with Brighton a couple of weeks back , Klop was very vocal complaining it was BT's fault for making them play Saturday lunchtime..... after an extra day rest who did he blame today?
  • I reckon he blamed Curbs.
  • Can't wait for Arsenal to market a game as Save our Season
  • Leicester the only team who played in Europe this week who won today
  • Can't wait for the Arsenal Fan TV highlights
  • Where are the "Wenger out!" Idiots now?
  • Nice to see Phil Jagielka, who led the Blunts down to the Champo in the Tevez season, back there to accompany them on their nailed-on (hopefully) relegation next year.
    The sort of double you don't really want to be associated with.
    If only Colin would return as well just to put the icing on the cake. =)
  • yoyo said:

When Liverpool drew 1-1 with Brighton a couple of weeks back , Klop was very vocal complaining it was BT's fault for making them play Saturday lunchtime..... after an extra day rest who did he blame today?

This time it’s VAR, for not awarding a foul in the build up to Fulham’s goal 🥅, he however didn’t mention that they got away with a blatant penalty miss by on field ref Marriner..he might be a great manager, personally cannot stick him, he’s a whingebag deluxe IMO 🥸
  • edited December 2020

Nice to see Phil Jagielka, who led the Blunts down to the Champo in the Tevez season, back there to accompany them on their nailed-on (hopefully) relegation next year.

He's no Roger the Relegator though. #amateur
  • MrsGrey said:

Nice to see Phil Jagielka, who led the Blunts down to the Champo in the Tevez season, back there to accompany them on their nailed-on (hopefully) relegation next year.

He's no Roger the Relegator though. #amateur
    Or Big Nigel Quashie