Other games 12th - 17th December

A rather pleasant feeling to wake up Saturday morning with 3pts already in the bag.

Today
12:30 Wolves v Villa, only separated by 2pts
3pm Newcastle v WBA, Slav's last chance saloon?
5pm a minor local match
8pm Everton v Chelsea. Frank Lampard Jnr against another of his ex-gaffers

Sunday
12 noon Saints (6th!!!!) v Sheff U (bottom)
2:15pn Palace v Spurs, I want them both to lose!
4:30pm Fulham v Liverpool, sadly predictable
7:15pm Arsenal v Burnley and Leicester v Brighton. Even Arteta should be able to get a win from this one but why have two games on at the same time?

Comments

• Want spurs to win. What a dark day. 2020 that!
  • ASLEF, possibly due to 3 teams having played on Thursday in Europe plus no MNF as there is a full programme in mid week?
  • Synchronised diving from Villa
  • Just got in from walking the dog ,and first thing i see is Grealish rolling around like he just got shot
  • When did Wolves sign Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen?
  • Neto of Wolves goes down holding his face. My first impression was he's obviously been blasted at close range by a shotgun but on seeing the reply , he was a barely brushed by a players arm.....phew!
  • I’ve just promoted villa from couldn’t care less about them to dislike them intensely. >:)
  • How on earth do they have 18 points with 2 games in hand over us .I to really dislike them
  • Slav....We are not down in the gutter just a couple of points away,Love the guy so hope they win today
  • Text on the BBC coverage -
    Traore goes down in the Aston Villa penalty area following a challenge by Grealish who gestures at him to get up. Oh the irony!

Yep!
  • WBA 1 down already .Bye Bye slav
  • Manchester derby is awful.
  • ;doh. FF managers everywhere.
  • Think the worst position we will end up after this round of games will be 6th
  • Cuz1 said:

Think the worst position we will end up after this round of games will be 6th

I should hope we do as that will mean that Southampton didn't lose to Sheffield. I would love for them to end the year with a single point.
  • I just feel so so bad about wanting the spuds to win today :o
  • Blunts 2-0 down oh dear how sad never mind
  • I’d except a one place drop in the table to see the blunts relagated, two places for the spuds 😂
  • As usual Spurs bottle it 🙄
  • You can't win the league unless you have a top keeper and Lorris is not a top keeper.
  • Spurs last 3 games they've hardly had the ball.
  • edited December 2020
    Well played ref in the Fulham game. He gave a corner, VAR checked for 3. minutes for a penalty then sent him to the monitor and he kept to his original decision. It was obviously not a penalty.
    Given their record a corner was probably a better option for them than a penalty.
  • You mean not giving a penalty against Liverpool.
  • Thorn, Fabinho took Cavaleiro's standing foot away before any contact with the ball just as Cavaleiro was about to cross.
    Without any doubt, if the situation was reversed that would be a penalty.
  • Funny now that Liverpool are one down this is their worst performance since Klopp took over, according to Carragher anyway. 😂
  • edited December 2020
    Andre Marriner ... useless ... I’m better than the rest so no penalty... shocking decision IMO
  • Jay, I believe there are several candidates for the “I am better than the rest of the referees” award according to their own opinion.
  • Bubbles you’re missing the point. If the VAR ref can’t decide if it’s a penalty or not after looking at it for 3 minutes and then asking the on field ref “what do you think” then it can’t be an obvious penalty whatever we may think.
  • Two Liverpool players diving at the same time.

Must have been watching Villa.