International Break 12th - 18th November

A short interval until real football resumes

Tonight we have England v Ireland, a friendly so pointless that you can watch it free on ITV

On Sky Sports/Sky One/Pick there's the slightly more intriguing Euro 2020 (delayed) play off final between Scotland and Serbia. FIFA currently rank Scotland 45th (1446) and Serbia 30th (1489) so it could be a close game. Scotland haven't qualified for the Euros since 1996 (it's coming home, it's coming home, etc.)

On Sunday there's the slightly more interesting contest between England and Belgium on Sky. We beat them last month but they've already qualified and we're still tied with Denmark for the 2nd spot.

Comments

• Imagine if Rice and Grealish start against ROI. Reckon a few heavy tackles are going in.
  • Haller has scored for Ivorians.
  • disappointed with this Irish performance so far expected a bit more from them than what has been shown so far. Very much a team that needs a crowd in the stadium to get them going.
  • edited November 2020
    Scotland 1-0 and Serbia are pretty awful

I've just noticed that Steve Clarke is Scotland's manager.

And Serbia equalize in the 89th minute
  • How was that last save by Marshall allowed to stand. He was a yard off his line when the kick was taken. How inconsistent is the use of VAR.
  • And Mitrovic has his penalty saved in the shoot out to send Scotland through!

The Fulham disease?
  • England / Croatia / Czech Republic / Scotland

OOF what a group !
  • Does anyone know if Calvert-Lewin is into fashion? I don’t think the commentator mentioned it enough times.
  • I support Scotland AND West Ham, so think I’ll just move in behind the sofa permanently to save on therapy costs.
  • edited November 2020

England / Croatia / Czech Republic / Scotland

OOF what a group !

Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary definitely takes the Group of Death prize for this one, Hungary probably won't bother unpacking their suitcases
  • ASLEF, they won’t need to pack much as they are at home in 2 of the 3 games only having to travel to 🇩🇪 to play them. 😁
  • Unpopular opinion maybe. But imo Grealish is a superb player. Has to start.
  • Grealish is my favourite player to watch at the moment. He’s incredibly good.
  • My late mother loved him when he was on loan at notts county so it’s good enough for me lol
  • Salah tested positive for Covid. No doubt the Doctor touched him with a thermometer and he rolled around claiming a penalty
  • yoyo said:

Salah tested positive for Covid. No doubt the Doctor touched him with a thermometer and he rolled around claiming a penalty

It's OK yoyo, it's been overturned by VAR =)
  • Yarmolenko and four other Ukrainian players have tested positive for Covid.
  • If I were a Prem manager, I'd be boycotting International matches unless the country has safeguards in place that are as good as the Prem. They're a disaster waiting to happen.
  • But you can't boycott internationals.
  • Sir Alex Ferguson found a good way for his players to boycott them.
  • IronHerb said:

But you can't boycott internationals.

FIFA have said that clubs can withdraw players if there is a Covid risk
  • Sure I saw an article where allan Clarke ex Leeds was told to pull out of England matches makes sence when you see he only got. 18 caps where bremner refused and got 54
  • Watching England..... Kyle Walker keeps losing the ball. Shouldn't be playing.
  • Tbf, Walker has been really good for City this season. Grealish has been by far England’s best player
  • Without doubt, Grealish is talented.

Not sure his game is as good as people are making out. He needs to influence games more in dangerous areas. No doubt he is a very technically gifted player & has a fantastic touch & ability to carry the ball.
  • He's unbelievable imo. England's most talented player.
  • Dont like him
  • I find it slightly irritating how much they want to make of everything he does. The idea that he did something special for the assist on Sancho’s goal? It was a basic pass and Sancho did all the hard work yet I’ve seen a lot more made of Grealish’s role. In that same game I felt like he wasn’t very productive once he’d got into good positions.

Having said that, he looks like a player who can force himself into good positions. I think I’d rather see him as a central midfielder if he can do the graft. Playing the kind pre-injury Wilshere role. When you’ve got Rice in there, they should make use of that. I think the defensive set up right now is making Rice look worse than he is.