RIP John Murphy 1961 - 2020

Comments

• My deepest condolences Mrs Grey

The thought and prayers of everyone here that are so grateful to yourself and John for what you've done for this community, are now with you and your family

Rest In Peace John <3
  • Mrs Grey, my condolences, Grey will be sorely missed on this site.
  • RIP Mr Grey
    Mrs Grey - My deepest sympathy. I can see that you are surrounded by love on this forum, and hope you are while John is put to rest.
  • Mrs Grey, I'm so sorry to hear such sad news, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Like many I'm sure, I feel like I have a home here. I don't always agree with everyone, and I'm sure everyone doesn't always agree with me, but we all know we can come here and share our joys and frustrations without fear of abuse or ridicule, and that's entirely thanks to the values grey and yourself instilled into the site from its very inception; we'll all be forever in both of your debt.

RIP grey.
  • So sorry to hear this sad news. I am sure you will have many happy times to remember. Best Wishes
  • Mrs G I am so so sorry for your loss.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Look after yourself x
  • My deepest condolences. Love and prayers x
  • Mrs G, as I have mentioned before, both of you are true legends in the way you have managed this amazing forum. So fitting therefore that Grey should be wearing the no. 6 shirt. My thoughts are with you. Rip Grey
  • Very sorry for your loss Mrs G. RIP John, thanks for all you did for this site, a true legend.
  • Dry sorry for your loss MrsGrey. Thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.
  • Such very sad news, my thoughts are with you Mrs Grey and your family. Like many on here I never met Grey but quickly realised he was a very intelligent and genuine man, a constant voice of reason and knowledge. He is the reason, with you, this forum exists. For as long as I support West Ham (for ever) I will remember his contribution.
  • Just before kick off on Sunday , as the players are lined up, I'm going to raise a glass and simply say Grey. I salute him
  • Deepest condolences to you and the family
    Mrs G thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

RIP John
  • RIP John. Heartfelt condolences to you, Mrs G. He'll be remembered and missed.
  • Such very sad news, love and best wishes to you Mrs Grey. I will always be really grateful for this forum which Sledgehammer introduced me to when he was receiving amazing support from yourselves and so many others.
  • Texas hammer has asked me to pass her condolences on to you and your family MrsGrey. I have also let Jim (LGH) know.
  • Localgroundhopper has also asked me to pass his and his family’s condolences on to you MrsGrey.
  • So sorry to hear this sad news , my thoughts and prayers with you Mrs Grey .
  • So sorry to hear this news. My condolences to you and yours Mrs Grey.
  • I am so sorry to hear this dreadful news. He helped me so much when I didn't know
    how to make my lap top behave. Will be sorely missed RIP John/Grey.
  • Very sad to hear that, true gentleman. RIP John. My condolences to you and your family mrs grey.
  • I can't believe that I missed this post some how. Saw the comment on the match thread that Grey would have loved and hated this and suddenly felt sick to the pit of my stomach that I had missed something happening to him!
    I am so sorry for your loss MrsGrey.
  • Grey would have very much appreciated this afternoons game, and result. Glass raised, London Pride. I had a couple of Brandys as well. Love, and respect to the world.
  • Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to Mrs Grey and family.
  • Such very sad news, heartfelt condolences to you & your family Mrs Grey.....RIP John/Grey. ♥️⚒️♥️
  • So, sorry for your loss Mrs. Grey. I missed this thread until I saw comments on the game thread yesterday.
    Maybe he had a hand in guiding Lanzini’s shot into the top corner.
  • Thank you, everyone.
    Things are difficult at the moment, not helped by Covid, and no family able to come to Greece.
    Your kind words mean a lot. Xx
  • Mrs Grey..there are no words to ease your pain....Us posters may not have ever met your speacial one, but we all share your grief.....He was your's....and a small part ours...May your strength be with you in the weeks/months/years ahead....Thinking of u xxxx
  • Jay, I couldn’t have put it any better I echo those sentiments ❤️
  • Thinking of you Mrs Grey.Must be so hard for you without family there .Hope in some small way that you feel all the love on this site that is coming your way