Others games weekend 28 September

Comments

• West Brom doing Sloan square 3 nil at mo
  • Now someone remind me, how much has Lampard spent so far in this transfer window?
    Love seeing him sitting there with a face like a smacked rear end. =)
  • Lampard is a fraud
  • Super Slav slapping Franky Lamps....Money , Money , Money =)
  • Hamstew said:

Lampard is a fraud

And with our owners, the next manager =)
  • How was that penalty given against Palace? Ridiculous decision IMO.
  • Hamstew said:

Lampard is a fraud

And round
  • Super Slav slapping Franky Lamps....Money , Money , Money =)

Slav
    Never
  • Slav has them playing the West Ham way, 3-0 up 3-3
  • and VAR allowing a clear handball, yay VAR
  • West Brom 3 games lettting in 11 goals
    Going down
  • Still miss Slav
  • and another its not for west ham so given pen, on the bright side it will get the special one fuming.
  • and Kane sent of B)
  • this press conference will be fun
  • Oh dear what a shame =)
  • All good then
  • It's even more ridiculous than the one against Palace yesterday, it really is crazy (and how wasn't the one against Arsenal given?). Only plus is that it's against Spurs.
  • Clinton Morrison has said that VAR is ruining the game, but tbh I think VAR has mostly been very good so far this season and for the most part last season too, it’s just that the rules are really badly written
  • alderz said:

Clinton Morrison has said that VAR is ruining the game, but tbh I think VAR has mostly been very good so far this season and for the most part last season too, it’s just that the rules are really badly written

Completely agreed, you can't blame VAR for ensuring the rules are applied, it's the rules that are a nonsense.

• edited September 2020
    I wonder why they changed the rules in the first place? You can still have VAR to check " ball to hand , not hand to ball" as it used to be. The new law is ridiculous IMO and it's making the game too sterile. I used to like the human element of mistakes being made.
  • edited September 2020
    While Id' agree that VAR has improved and the faults lie with the rules, I still HATE VAR.....IMO it spoils the fun of the game, I'd sooner be moaning about a dodgy offside call than to wait for a VAR check to see if a players fingernail is offside...

I'm not that old to be called old fashioned, but perhaps I'm getting there...
    VAR IMO has sucked all enjoyment out of the game...
    Celebrations are muted incase of an infringement, I use to like seeing the ref and assistants running back to the half way line knowing that wev'e scored, not waiting for a ref to get a message in his ear...

All IMO of course.
  • yoyo said:

I wonder why they changed the rules in the first place? You can still have VAR to check " ball to hand , not hand to ball" as it used to be. The new law is ridiculous IMO and it's making the game too sterile. I used to like the human element of mistakes being made.

Sadly this is a FIFA thing not PL decision...will FIFA change it mid season? not sure....It's pathetic IMO
  • edited September 2020
    I get what you're saying Jay, but I'm all in favour of VAR; you'll never convince be that the bigger clubs haven't nearly always had the benefit of the doubt in way too many decisions for officiating to be fair. At least VAR eliminates the worst of the decisions that we've been on the wrong end of for years.

I'm not saying it's perfect, and there's still a human element (notice how they kept redrawing the moment the pass was played for Arsenal's first goal until he was onside?), but the more obvious errors are gradually being eliminated.
  • Cracking goal by Vardy O.o
  • Leicester at it again!
  • I don't think Pep is a fraud, what he did in those 2 years when they won the league was mesmerising

But at what point does everyone realise that his tactics have been exposed

Yes they will likely finish 2nd and blast a lot of teams 5-0, but that's because they have infinite funds and world class players

But at least 5/6 times this season nthey are going to be best by a team they shouldn't be losing too, because they are just confident with their counters and rip them apart

Shocked so many people think they are favourites for the league, they literally fall apart if they don't have a 2 goal advantage
  • Liverpool are still by some distance the team to beat IMO
  • Cracker by Madison, wouldn't want to be playing them any time soon.
  • My word...Maddison take a bow