SPUDS AWAY .......... COYI, match fred, toosdy 23rd

edited June 2020 in Match Threads
Yeah, I know, my record isn't brill, but the last one I started we scraped a draw in the first game, so hoping to improve and spank some spuds ................. we're off

Comments

• Oh god do we have to?
  • Hate spurs ,We need to smash them
  • edited June 2020
    Part of me thinks, I wonder what it would be like if we got the front four onto the pitch who were meant to be the main four this season & who all played in our impressive start.

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna/Balbuena - Masuaku
    Rice - Soucek
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

Not much to lose now is there?
  • Lukerz

IMO we need pace in the side. We are SO sluggish. I want to see us run at them.

Fab; Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Masuaku; Rice Soucek; Bowen Lanzini Antonio; Haller
  • I'd love us to really have a go at them but I think Moyes has one eye on the "goals against column"
  • edited June 2020
    Alderz 👍
    I would also like us to go with Masuaku now.
    I think it’s a bit of a myth with him. People seem to feel he can’t defend. I mean he started the season as our first choice LB & we won 2, drew 2 of our first 5. With 2 goals conceded after we lost 0-5 to City.
    Cresswell is finished for me at this level as a LB. Just stick Masuaku in for the remainder of the season & see how it goes. He has more area for development so can improve.
    I am not against Bowen/Antonio (in fact Antonio always produces against Spurs), so would actually start him over Yarmolenko & Anderson was so bad Saturday.
    So, in short, I agree with your side.
  • Plus, if Ogbonna is still out, Rice has to move into midfield so let’s just go with Balbuena. His last game was a shocker though, against WBA. Never seen a player pass the ball to the opposition as often as he did that day.
    We badly missed Rice in the middle on Saturday.
  • I think arthur is a "marmite" player with our fans.
    I do think his defending is questionable at the least but i do like when he gets forward.He has pace and is a good crosser of the ball.
  • Sam Inkersole (football.london) says the injuries are Oggy hamstring, Haller twisted hip, Masuaku twisted ankle, Snodgrass back and twisted ankle.

Apparently none of them are expected back until the middle of next week.

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/haller-ogbonna-latest-west-ham-18463737
  • Typical West Ham and the curse, injuries and Harry 'shot by a sniper in the stands' Kane now fit dive dive dive
  • Will also be interesting to see how teams rotate players following a lot of games quickly.

Wilshere, Yarmo, Fredericks, Lanzini - expect them all to start games as we go forward.
  • So if none of our injured players come back we might have to go -

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Balbuena - Masuaku
    Rice
    Fornals - Soucek - Lanzini - Bowen
    Antonio

Fornals works a lot harder than Yarmalenko or Anderson, who can come off the bench along with Ajeti and Wilshere once we are 3 - 0 down.
  • Are those four fit enough for that length of time on the pitch.
  • Are any of our players fit enough
  • Puddleglum - Masuaku has a twisted ankle

physioroom.com offers a slightly different picture

They also list Zabaleta having a knock but they say both he and Masuaku have a 50% chance of being available tomorrow while Ogbonna is 75%

No return date for Haller but he's given 25% while Snoddy could be out for the season with his back, thought to be a disc problem in his lower back. Nasty.
  • Snodgrass will be a good player for us next season in the championship :
  • Even Moyes thinks it will all be on the last game. That would be the fourth time in less than 20 years. In 2 out of three we’ve gone down.
    We really need to wake up and ensure it doesn’t come to that.
  • It is my birthday tomorrow, I KNOW!!!!!!
  • Ngakia may still be selected for tonight's game, even though he is set to leave the club tomorrow. I wonder if we should play him.
  • My prediction is 3-0 to Spurs, hopefully the scores are the other way round.
  • Lawro has predicted 2-0 to Spurs

Reasons to be cheerful part 357
  • Crazy that with Haller injured we have no recognised CF. I know Antonio can play in forward positions, but he's not a CF and it highlights yet again the imbalance we have in the squad.
  • Whilst Antonio is saying Spurs are no longer a fluid attacking side to be feared Mourinho is saying he’s excited by Spurs attacking six.
  • Love playing Spurs, more often than not players seem to turn up to this game but without the crowd it might just fall to the way side.

I fancy a gritty draw for some reason. 0-0 or 1-1. Got the feeling it will be backs against the wall for the majority of it though.

Guaranteed to be a Penalty somewhere in the game.

• Yeold by somewhere you mean at our end.
  • Got to play Ajeti haven't we...….?
  • He's never looked like he's capable of much to me, Colchester. Not sure he makes any difference.
  • Agreed.

But, then again, who does make any difference?

At least he's a striker.

Just clutching at straws I guess.
  • edited June 2020
    Stick Yarmo up front.

Pretty sure he was a striker once.