Covid19: Support and Chat

Comments

• edited April 2020
    People digging out the dusty breadmaker they got 3 Christmasses ago from the back of the cupboard....

... and lots of parents trying to keep kids busy baking brownies and cakes, I suspect.

Teach 'em something useful, for goodness sake.
  • Survival is quite important isn't it? ;)
  • They've got a better chance of survival (or at least avoiding malnutrition) if they can make something other than :cake:
  • edited April 2020
    MrsGrey said:

Announcement

:wave:

Just to say, we (the moderators) will be trying to make sure that there's no promotion of misinformation, racial or national stereotyping, or over-generalising going on on here, so it can be a safe space for discussion and information.

If you have any concerns, please (preferably) use the Flag option. Or you can PM a mod directly (Alder, Expat, grey, Lukerz, me, Suz, Wombat).

:hug:

To this list, add conspiracy theories put forward without evidence and/or in contradiction of facts and scientific consensus.
  • edited April 2020
    MrsGrey said:

They've got a better chance of survival (or at least avoiding malnutrition) if they can make something other than :cake:

Oh, let them eat cake :lol:
  • It didn’t work for Marie antionette
  • Cuz1 said:

It didn’t work for Marie antionette

I thought that her Black Forest Gateau was rather good :hmm:
  • Oh the irony - the authorities have announced that the old Sherman hospital in Elgin ( only 5 miles away from me) that was closed in 2009 is to be reopened to help cope with the expected surge in Covid patients -

The irony, they used the closed hospital as a set in the 2011 film “contagion”
  • I know they will never pay any price for their wilful ignorance and stupidity, but in a just world, right wing US pundits would get theirs...

• The past was alterable. The past never had been altered.
    Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.
  • edited April 2020
    The bare faced cheek that these people have is truly staggering, call anyone of those pundits out and they will claim that they did not say that.

The bloke who said we have this contained pretty much airtight was called out on it a couple of days ago and he simply said that he was stating the facts as known at the time.......

It truly is a masterclass in deflection
  • I know they will never pay any price for their wilful ignorance and stupidity, but in a just world, right wing US pundits would get theirs...

I have always thought the only thing we have in common with the usa is that we both speak the same language AND i still think that.
  • Wow, the Presidential update today was particularly rough,

The best I can say is that Trump has somehow managed to orchestrate things in such a way that each and every new day is a completely clean slate and that anything said last week or even yesterday, is totally irrelevant.
  • "All previous statements are inoperative" - Richard Nixon. Trump is the first President that I've despised more than Nixon...
    On a lighter note, Larson had it sussed in 1986...
  • mike said:

I have always thought the only thing we have in common with the usa is that we both speak the same language AND i still think that.

Regrettably the UK isn't that much different from the USA and they seem to be getting more alike as time passes
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52124740

Article highlighting spread of misinformation online.
  • You mean I shouldn't follow Amanda Holden on Twitter/Instagram anymore? :doh:
  • I don’t like her as much as I don’t like Karen bradey
  • I just saw bread flour on eBay. Bidding currently at £17 for 1.5kg.
  • Why don't they just buy a loaf?
  • Maybe some people KNEAD it. :yercoat:
  • at yeast that was an attempt at humour
  • Don’t rise to it or as Bart would say dough :lol:
  • How stupid and irresponsible can some people be, words fail me.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52227363
  • People are idiots. I've been off Ill from work with the coronavirus symptoms since Monday evening. The only place where I've really been over the last few weeks was Tesco's which was just the once. But it's really the only place I could have caught it if that's what I've got.
  • Best wishes Hamstew, hope it goes well for you.
  • Thanks I feel a lot better today but felt pretty terrible Tuesday and Wednesday.
  • Fingers crossed, Ham. My daughter took a week off with suspected symptoms, I spent a week unable to concentrate and feeling helpless. Thoughts are with you :hug:
  • Watch the social distancing there Kuching. ;)
  • Get well soon Ham :ok: