West Ham Vs Brighton 6 point battle (1 Feb match thread)

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Adam said:

Hamstew said:

I can’t see us getting out of the bottom three again this season. We could be adrift after our next two games and the ones after that aren’t any easier.

Southampton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea. Disaster
    Have you watched the premier league this season? These certainly aren’t unbeatable teams. The top 6 teams other than Liverpool and Man City are nowhere near the levels they were in previous seasons. Tough? Yes. Disaster? No.
    Lol have you seen us this season? Disaster yes imo.
    No, I haven’t seen us. I just follow our games on ceefax.
  • Adam they’re not unbeatable except by us. We are abject when it comes to defending. Up until today I always thought we would probably need 2 maybe 3 goals to win a game but now it’s more like 4 or 5.
    19 points dropped from winning positions is appalling and it seems every team has a player who scores more goals against us than any other team.
    I really now can’t see where we will get one win let alone another 5 or 6.
    In my 60 plus years of being a hammer I’ve seen more relegations than top 8 finishes and if this season, as suspected, results in another one I doubt I’ll live to see us get back up.
  • Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Adam said:

Hamstew said:

I can’t see us getting out of the bottom three again this season. We could be adrift after our next two games and the ones after that aren’t any easier.

Have you watched the premier league this season? These certainly aren’t unbeatable teams. The top 6 teams other than Liverpool and Man City are nowhere near the levels they were in previous seasons. Tough? Yes. Disaster? No.
    Then you won't know will you. We are trash
  • Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Adam said:

Hamstew said:

I used to love doing that, despite how long it took for the correct page to come around again.
  • Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Adam said:

Hamstew said:

I used to love doing that, despite how long it took for the correct page to come around again.
    Same.
  • Thorn - Bournemouth fans were saying the same thing literally 2 games ago about their own team.

Considering you’re much older than me, you should know that things can change quickly.

To give up hope with 13 games to go and one point off the relegation places, is in my opinion, mad.

But that’s just my opinion. And I know yours.
  • But I feel mad though Adam.

Proper barking mad.

Like never before in my 52 years.

• edited February 2020
    Yes they were Adam but their team seem to be doing something about it
  • I hope you're right Adam. But personally I just can't see it.
  • Don’t get me wrong, I’m very angry about this game. The second goal was so stupid. But I won’t give up hope.
  • Yes they were Adam but they’re team seem to be doing something about it

And so will we. In our next 2 matches. *Looks at upcoming fixtures*. Ok, maybe not the next two games.
  • so we have City away and Liverpool away

Bournemouth have Sheffield United away / Burnley away
    Brighton have Watford Home / Sheffield United away
    Aston Villa have Spurs at Home / Southampton Away
    Watford have Brighton Away / Man Utd away

We could be around 4 points behind the chasing pack after those 2 games.
  • Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Lol, yep. 303 I think it was for the scores page?
  • hard to envisage where we get 12 points from
  • edited February 2020
    And of course, if our board didn't leave things til the last minute, we could have had Bowen on the bench today. He could have replaced Antonio and carried a similar threat. Maybe we keep the pressure on and win the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This club is failing from the top down. Until we get it right in the boardroom, we'll never get it right on the pitch.

Thankfully I missed the majority of the game, but got home in time to see the result. This was the first of five must win games. We failed.

We are done for this league.
  • Noble should be leading the team by rousing them & making them concentrate to avoid the type of result we have had to endure today because if he is doing this it is obviously failing to have the right outcome. Who is David Moyes defensive coach? The owners didn't want Stuart Pearce back and Alan Stubbs turned us down. I have supported this team over many decades but anymore of the current demise is going to ensure my counsellor becomes a very rich person. :angry:
  • Moyes blames fatigue after the Liverpool game and individual errors for today and made the double substitution because he felt with 20 mins to go we should have held out
  • Does not look good does it.... at best it appears that our survival is going to go down to the wire, at worst.............. :sofa: :weep: :deadhorse:
  • Our main issue is that whatever players we get in we still end up with Noble in midfield. How is that progress ?
    This club will not move forward till he goes
    He wouldn’t get into any other Premier league squads let alone be Captain.
    It’s bad enough playing him but how on earth does a player who tires in every game early who is so slow and who has so little skill stay on for 90 mins?
  • Our main issue is that whatever players we get in we still end up with Noble in midfield. How is that progress ?
    This club will not move forward till he goes
    He wouldn’t get into any other Premier league squads let alone be Captain.
    It’s bad enough playing him but how on earth does a player who tires in every game early who is so slow and who has so little skill stay on for 90 mins?

I love Nobes but you do make a good point.
  • What's our squad for the champo :hmm:
  • Just back from game some of the worse defending I have ever seen schoolboy bad. At 3-1 I thought get Antonio off get masuaka legs on . I did not expect such terrible decision making and defending with 15 mins to go I can’t believe how often our team collapses at every set back . I now believe we will go down I feel so low after this game we are so poor we lack any style identify fight passion . I don’t know why noble was still on the pitch he was so far behind the play most of the time . I need several beers 🍺
  • We cant be reliant on Antonio

Like hes an ok player who causes problems, but he isnt a De Bruyne calibre player......

Hes a mid table midfielder at best

We cant fall apart when hes not on the field
  • What's our squad for the champo :hmm:

Kids.
    Leftovers.
    Old guys on a last payday
    Nobes
    Martin
  • Pearce we don’t only collapse we implode. Our defending for the second goal was more chuckle brothers than PL players and why was Murray virtually unmarked for his goal. It’s all basic stuff that should be second nature. Clear your lines should be the mantra.
    Agree also that a Noble seems like the kid who’s not really sure what’s happening so jogs around but is never closer than 15 yards from the play.
  • edited February 2020
    We look a frightened team low of confidence. It's so plain to see. We need a miracle. Watford have picked themselves up lately. We're looking for 2 other teams to be poorer than us ( Norwich looked doomed ) and I can't see where they are.
  • edited February 2020
    So Next Season

Fabianski - gone
    Martin - stay
    Randolph - stay
    Roberto - (hopefully gone)

Reid - Finished at every level i'm afraid, gone
    Cresswell - stay
    Balbuena - stay
    Zabaleta - gone
    Obonna - gone ? maybe ?
    Diop - gone
    Fredericks - stay ? maybe ?
    Masuaku - gone

Lanzini - gone
    Snodgrass - stay
    Sanchez - gone
    Noble - stay
    Fornals - gone ? maybe ?
    Wilshire - Finished at every level i'm afraid but probably too injured to go anywhere else.
    Soucek - gone
    Rice - gone
    Bowen - gone

Yarmolenko - gone ? maybe ?
    Anderson - gone
    Haller - gone
    Ajeti - stay ? maybe ?
    Antonio - gone

i reckon the U21s might all stay Diangana / Johnson / Cardoso / Holland etc
  • There are two ingredients for survival in my opinion.

Pace...... We have very little, so unless we have Antonio, Bowen and Anderson on the pitch we lack this.

Guts, belief and determination......This comes from the players and manager.

This can happen.

As a supporter I still have belief, but only just.
  • Is Collins still available on a free?
  • If Noble really is Mr. West Ham, if he truly loves the club as much as he claims (and I don't doubt him), he should acknowledge he needs to withdraw himself from the first team.
This discussion has been closed.