Success criteria for the season 2019-20

Comments

• https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1341356/Chelsea-four-fined-for-drunken-abuse.html He is no saint I remember this story but maybe no worse than many other footballers unfortunately
  • Lampard was terrible in the games I went too. Kept a much better Moncur and Bishop out of the team while he was allowed to stroll around. Hated watching games with him. Was over the moon when we sold him. Also never saw him have one decent game for England. He has a hell of a shot on him, the rest of his game is so basic, never international quality for me. He has also walked straight into one of the best manager jobs in Europe - of the back of a play off loss. He has walked on water on his professional life. Real arrogance to the guy I just can’t stand - always blames everyone and everything.
  • For example
  • Not shaking hands with the Leeds boss last season
  • That’s some reason :ok:
  • You mean after he spied on his training sessions? You must love Bielsa then?
  • Bish was well past his prime when Lampard replaced him in the starting XI and Moncur was busy adding to his extensive yellow card collection.
  • Bish has never passed his prime. He is timeless, as proved by his beautiful assist to Deano.
  • edited August 2019
    Pretty sure
    Lamps said “ I would never put on West Ham shirt again and West Ham supporters should be grateful, the fee will pay for the stand.
    :bowdown:
  • imagelost said:

Pretty sure
    Lamps said “ I would never put on West Ham shirt again and West Ham supporters should be grateful, the fee will pay for the stand.
    :bowdown:

Am now throwing up
  • Bish has never passed his prime. He is timeless, as proved by his beautiful assist to Deano.
  • Lampard can never resist a dig at West Ham
  • What has he said ???
  • What has he said ???

Paul ince was his idol

Which Deano? Ashton?
  • Dean Ashton joined West Ham on 22 January 2006

Ian Bishop left West Ham on 26 March 1998

That must have been a seriously long through ball...
  • Dean Ashton. What could have been :weep:
  • Good - positive GD and 8th or above in the league plus none of our top players wanting to leave if 7th or 8th doesn’t achieve Europa

Bad - being humiliated in either cup competition. Also starting badly and then somehow declaring it to be a decent season if we claw it back and finish around 10th

:hmm:
  • edited September 2019
    When the F A cup comes around, regardless of the opposition ( last night proves it means nothing to us ) I hope Pelle will eventually suss it out that the strtongest team is a MUST, forget giving fringe players a chance, most of them cannot hack it playing for us and are not worthy of the shirt, the obvious prime example is Mr Muppet Sanchez, that is the worst buy ever IMO and that's down to Pelle, his performance last night- embarrassing.
  • edited September 2019
    200+ goals for chelsea... Not bad for a MF

He also put the shirt back on for Tony Carr

Ive seen a few things (plenty of bad and sad - the saddest for me was the day John Lyall got sacked and the most emotional was when Trev retired) at West Ham since the mid 70's. Ive nothing against Lampard or Ince (or even Defoe)
  • Agree apart from ince
  • Ince was pictured in a Man Utd shirt. Does anyone really believe he wanted it to be broadcast or that he wasnt following Utds wishes. I dont know why the photo got ouut before his move but I dont think for a second he wouldve wanted to hurt West Ham fans. Hes a local lad and has expressed regret plenty of times. So I'm cool with him. Oh and of course he played for Liverpool so whats not to like :run:
  • edited September 2019
    This podcast I listend to a while ago sheds some light on the Ince saga, it's from Ambrose Mendy who was his agent at the time and of course possibly only one side of the story but intersting nevertheless if you like that kind of stuff.

The Ince part begins in the final quarter of the first episode and finishes at the beginning of the second.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/a-casual-chat-with-cass/ambrose-mendy-part-1/

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/a-casual-chat-with-cass/ambrose-mendy-part-2/
  • edited September 2019
    Its really quite simple.

1) Manchester United didn't want to pay the transfer fee that West Ham were asking for Ince (I think it was £5m but I could be wrong). West Ham refuse to budge and say that uf Man U can't come up with the cash Ince will stay at West Ham.

2) a photo of Ince in a Man U shirt appears in the papers.

3) West Ham agree to sell Ince to Man U for a lot less than they wanted (£1.5m).

Ince repeats the same excuse every time, he was just a kid who did what his agent told him to do. Rubbish, he was 21 and would have understood that getting his photo taken in a Man U shirt would ensure that he would get transferred.
  • Beating Tubby Lampard is all I really want

Looks like you won Bishop

• MrsGrey said:

Good:

Positive GD. Top half finish. Never losing an individual match by > 2 goals (except v City + Liverpool).

Bad: Still being at risk of relegation with 6 wks to go.

:hmm:
    I may revise this.

:p
  • stay up beat the spuds, twice

season only a 33% success
  • its depressing that after the Stadium move we cant even get remotely close to Europe if anything we are moving further and further away.