West Ham v Bournemouth - Sat 18th August 3pm Match Thread

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Suze

Think Pelle was simply asking for a fresh start.

If people want to leave early, when the team could really do with them getting right behind them, that's their choice.

But then, let's not have people saying we are the best fans and all that. (Not suggesting you do that, btw.)
  • Fans regularly leave 10 minutes early at football grounds all over the country. Nothing to do with the state of play or dissatisfaction with what's going on, they just leave early and so have no bearing on any 'best fans' considerations.
  • Most early leavers have a quick exit to Stratford on their mind beating the rush. Would never do it myself as Pelle is right and a game changing goal can be scored out of the blue.
  • We're off the bottom as things stand, with Huddersfield 2-0 down to City ;biggrin
  • Don’t think we are now
  • In my best panto voice “oh yes we are!”
  • There behind us
  • Unfortunately Pellegrini can be added to the ever growing list of club representatives who seem to be looking at the fans, rather than their own failings. Disappointing.
  • edited August 2018
    I don't think that was really criticism from him. More like an appeal.

And to be honest, I think our fans are some of the worst in the country. Absolute nonsense about being the best. Almost never make much noise, care about getting out quickly for a train or whatever instead of trying to urge the team on and somehow manage to create this ridiculously nervous atmosphere when things look a bit shaky. It's not just at the OS - I never really experienced a great atmosphere at the Boleyn either.

Maybe they were the best once. I've never seen much evidence of it.
  • I do find it bizarre that the default position of some after every defeat is to blame the fans but whatever rocks your boat ;ok
  • I'm going to make an appeal.

Stop making the same defensive errors you keep making almost every week.

Start playing the ball about a bit quicker. All this playing the ball from side to side in a slow and labourious manner isn't getting you anywhere.

If you lose the ball, go and chase it back, instead of watching that player run of into the distance.

The midfielders and the forwards need to work in tantum because at the moment you all look like you have never seen each other before.

Can you all put a shift in. I have been watching the Brighton v Man Utd match and Brighton have worked their socks off so far and are winning 3-1.

• Horsham

Since no one has blamed the fans, I find it hard to understand why you feel you need to make such a statement.

Moreover, the general suggestion that 'blame the fans' is anyone's default position simply doesn't bear any kind of honest scrutiny.
  • If Zab and Og had ran instead of jogged they both would have been in position to win the ball with ease.
  • edited August 2018
    McHammer said:

If Zab and Og had ran instead of jogged they both would have been in position to win the ball with ease.

I think that's as fast as Zab can go, Oqqy got injured about a minute into the second half, Diop was warming up but then sat down again.

For the record I've always stayed until the final whistle unless its painfully obvious we aren't going to win. Maybe it wouldn't be so noticeable if we weren't at the Olympic Stadium, when it's loud its loud but when it goes quiet it's like a morgue in comparison.
  • edited August 2018
    Cleary, although it is worrying, we're still in an almost 'pre-season' phase. Pellegrini has no idea what his best XI is, & that was evident by the fact he dropped three players from the 18, players he felt were all good enough to start at Anfield. Scattergun team-selection.

Diop is surely just settling & it is only a matter of time before he is brought in for Ogbonna or Balbuena. I think dropping Fredericks so quickly was harsh as he has something we desperately need. Zabaleta, I like him, but it is just not realistic to keep expecting him to be a first choice RB.

He also seems to want to play a kind of 4-2-3-1/4-4-2/4-2-2-2 system with Arnie & another striker, but I'm not sure we can have all of them in the side at once with our defensive options. Either that or he has to stick Sanchez & Obiang into the middle in order to allow the others the freedom to get forward.

I'm hoping as the season goes on we can settle on a back line which includes Fredericks, Diop & Rice. I think Cresswell will give us better options on the left but we seem very flimsy down the flanks in terms of protection for the defence & fragile in the middle.

That goal Bournemouth scored was so bad. Balbuna, Zabaleta, diving in & even Fabianksi I think could've done better. It was not the strongest hit from Wilson yet it went through his legs.
  • I also think I’d have still put a tackle in and I’m 54 now lukerz, must agree team changes baffling, need to sort defence and centre mid out because I don’t believe it’s all down to ability
  • I don't think that was really criticism from him. More like an appeal.

And to be honest, I think our fans are some of the worst in the country. Absolute nonsense about being the best. Almost never make much noise, care about getting out quickly for a train or whatever instead of trying to urge the team on and somehow manage to create this ridiculously nervous atmosphere when things look a bit shaky. It's not just at the OS - I never really experienced a great atmosphere at the Boleyn either.

I know in my younger days at Upton Park mid 70’s in the last 10 mins we would move ends to get better view, in the days of muddy pitches on so on, teams use to try,,,
  • I don't think that was really criticism from him. More like an appeal.

I don't think I can disagree more. Not arguing about best fans but we are no more or less noisy than the vast majority of fans in the Prem. The famous Anfield atmosphere only comes to life when they are two up. Old Trafford and the Emirates are like morgues and so on. The 80 year old chap a couple of rows in front of me leaves on 80 minutes with his son, as he did at the Boleyn, to get his train before the crush.
    To think we have the only fans to leave on 80 minutes is nonsense.
    The crowd on Saturday didn't get on the players backs even though it wasn't going well, unlike previous years maybe. There was a lot of disappointment but in general it was kept within.
  • Match report I read said they boo'd at half time.
  • Not that I heard
  • I didn't hear any booing at half time either. A lot of disappointed and subduded fans at full time.
  • More of a general grumble than booing.
  • Aslef haha great clip
  • That's about it ASLEF. ;lol
  • Match report I read said they boo'd at half time.
    I also heard no booing at half time or full time. Source please Mrs Grey?
  • MrsGrey said:

Match report I read said they boo'd at half time.

If this happened they did it realy realy quitely.
  • I did n't hear any booing at half time, we were leading people were happy there was some at full time
This discussion has been closed.