The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Grey - you're cruel ;biggrin
  • “On me head son”
  • Female football fans, so much more robust that the men on the pitch ;lol
  • What did I do now? Honest gov, I was no where near...…..
  • Chicago, you mean "AdMeus_CaputFilius"
  • Oops, the man himself beat me to it ;lol
  • Oh dear. ;hug

Maybe he could run for president....
  • I'll say it first.... I 'can't control' my emotions over this ;run
  • All of this deal or no deal, maybe we should get Noel Edmunds to negotiate Brexit

;yercoat
  • edited August 2018
    Research by the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) and University of Sheffield's Alcohol Research Group (If I'd known one existed I'd never have given on my A levels...) has concluded that if everyone stuck to the recommended limit of 14 units a week alcohol sales revenue would decline by 38%, leaving the drinks industry £13bn a year worse off.

In order to compensate for the loss a pint of beer would have to go up by £2.64, taking the cost of an average pint to £6.15 (which I believe is standard City and West End prices). It doesn't say how much tax would be lost to the Treasury but I'd imagine its a fair whack.

At least I'm doing my bit to keep beer prices down...
  • edited August 2018
    Expat - not much has changed in a year and a half...

• Grey, you mean there actually IS a policy? ;wahoo ;nonono
  • Zaba's heard Ginge may be coming back

IMG_20180823_171333
  • Arnie's like: "Yeah, erm, that doesn't really excite me".
  • So Joe Hart’s tenure as first choice Burnley keeper has lasted precisely 2 Europa qualifyIng games and 2 PL games?
  • Burnley have sold him already? ;nonono
  • Heaton needs game time.
  • edited August 2018
    Journalistic licence....
    West Ham have been forced to apologise to their supporters again,
    then article lists a previous occasion when West Ham weren't forced to do anything, and they hadn't 'apologised' for anything that was their fault. ;doh
  • Well played skipper

” “It was my decision. I think I know Marko as well as anybody in football now and I know that he plays off confidence.

It is alright scoring in pre-season, but scoring in the Premier League and getting off the mark as a striker, even in a game we lost, is important.

I want the best for the club; I want Marko to score goals this year; I need him to score goals this year because we are really going to need him this season.”

• Listening to the Guardian podcast and they had Michael Calvin on, who’s written a very interesting sounding book called the State of Play. Seems like a sweeping and philosophical look at the culture of football in this moment, from management down to fans. Thought some here might be interested. It just came out.
  • Who’s Acca is down already lol must be mine then we’ll done city
  • Went to watch billericay town today the manager got sacked on Saturday after losing his first game in 29 but there has been no announcement. Billericay lost a defender after 40/secs to a head injury then went 2-0 down . They then scored but when trying to get the ball back an away player punched a billericay player so went down to ten. The punched player had to be subbed . Billericay then equalised from a free kick 2-2 half time. 2nd half quite dull billericay scored from a free kick away team hit the post billericay won 3-2 and we are still not sure wether the manager has been sacked or not .all in all quite an eventful match lol
  • I have two conspiracy theories at the moment:

1. Pellegrini agreed to sign with West Ham, but due to contract terms (or maybe Pellegrini believes in seeing his promises out), couldn’t officially join for a couple of years. So West Ham gets Bilic. The Board back him in the media, but never really seem to do it in the transfer market. A lot of the transfers in the Bilic era raised questions -because they were actually made at Pellegrini’s request. The cheap ones, the loans-with-options, were to let Bilic do his job, but Bilic didn’t want some players, and they were sold; he didn’t want some players, and they were loaned out. Because Pellegrini wouldn’t let them be sold!

2. We loaned Snodgrass to Aston Villa, and got a different player back.

You can dispute these theories all you want. The voices in my head tell me I’m right.
  • Do we really have a guess the crowd and guess the goal time thread but no match thread for wolves
  • Looks like you'll have to start one. ;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

Looks like you'll have to start one. ;ok

I did the arsenal one and that did not end well
  • ;nonono ;whome
This discussion has been closed.