Liverpool (H) who will leak the least (4th November match thread)

Comments

• Jorderz you basing that on what he did 4 jobs ago...
  • edited November 2017
    Would People take BFS back for the remainder of the Season?..
  • Ten years of consistent top half to top six finishes in this league.

Bilic is a joke.
  • ;nonono for the love of which ever god that's if you worship any not moyes in a million years
  • Just to clarify, I think Moyes would be a terrible appointment.

But I’d still rather have him than Bilic.
  • Trevor Sinclair was impressed....

Sorry performance from west ham & I'm talking tactics & game plan in & out of possession never mind energy or pride in wearing the shirt
  • I really really REALLY don’t want Moyes! Or Allardyce, Pulís or anyone one of that ilk. I’d like to say I know who I would choose but I’ll need a couple of days to think on that. After 64 years of being a fan dreams are are more dead than alive. Very sad. I was thinking of moving back down to London so I could get a season ticket but I don’t think my ticker could take it! lol
  • Every goal we concede, ever new level of crass incompetence we lurch to no longer hurts me. I think am now institutionalised. I feel like I’m in Shawshank
  • If the board were even sitting around a table speaking of employing Moyes, a manager who has failed completely in every management post since leaving Everton I feel sure at least one of them should question their own positions. It would be a shocking decision.
  • Claret - being reported that Moyes and Phil Neville will replace Bilic for remainder of season.

Would be absolutely shocking from the Dave’s. Talk about absolutely no ambition. Need to sell up.
  • And there I was mocking Leicester for appointing Puel
  • WHU board should give Westley a go as Bilic has now passed the point of no return. He knows the club and U23s play good football. Moyes and Neville - no. Wasn't Neville a disaster in the short time that he had as a manager. It is not just the manager, the team looks unbalanced, and Hernandez and Arnie don't fit it and other don't look motivated or bothered. Also strange team choices. what is the point of having an U23 teams if t he understudies don't get a game when senior players are injured. So no RB from U23 was promoted? Why unbalance the whole team by putting in a player who isn't a RB and Kouyate could not do that job in the second half either.

I don't buy - it is the stadium excuse. I did not affect Liverpool or Brighton.

The aim is now clear - to stay in EPL.
  • Moyes himself wont even believe the phone is ringing, that how low his stock is. He would probably think it a wind up and tell them where to go.
  • edited November 2017
    Whilst I agree that I do not really want Moyes as our manager, seriously what better/bigger managers would touch us at the moment? Again, I'm not the biggest fan of the Dave's but they can't get who won't come.

What manager would you suggest if we sack Billic Lukerz? Same question to others too, because I cannot think of an ambitious, ball playing, respected manager who I believe would join us in our current situation?
  • well they have brought it on themselves. They should perhaps have learned to conduct themselves a little better.

• That may well be true but it doesn't answer the question posed.
  • edited November 2017
    Rafa, Dyche, Howe, Wagner, Silva and Koeman to name 6.
  • Lukerz, do you really believe any of those 6 would want to join us at the moment?
  • I’d bet money on at least one being interested.
  • I’d even take wolves’ manager right now. Not that he’d come - I think he probably got more net transfer monies to spend than Slav did over the summer ;lol
  • We are supposedly in the top 20 richest football clubs in the world. I don’t think it’s too hard to find a decent manager. Some clubs have had 2 or 3 great managers on the trott. We’re just run like pawnbrokers.
  • Even now Slav still says you can't fault the effort.
  • Rafa - currently manager at a team 6 places higher, about to have fresh investment.

Dyche - currently at a team 10 places higher, at a club that probably wouldn't sack him even if he got relegated.

Howe- currently at a team only 1 place higher, but akin to Dyche the club/fans love him and even if relegated they would keep him, plus if he did leave even rumours Arsenal would like him if Wenger retires end of this season.

Wagner - currently at a team 7 places higher, also a team that doesn't expect much and again he may well keep his job even if they were relegated.

Silva - currently at a team 8 places higher, again at a team with low expectations, and if he chose to leave could find a bigger club than us (this also applies to the four above).

Koeman - this is the only possibility as he currently is unemployed and his reputation is a bit damaged after Everton. However because his record has recently been tarnished would he really want to join a team that is hovering around and could possibly be relegated and further damage his standing? That's not going to get him the Barca job.

Not trying to call you out, I'm just trying to assess the situation and be realistic. We are not a good job prospect at the moment when we are looking like potential relegation candidates.
  • We were crying out for someone like Marco Silva before the season had even started
  • I would take Decanio over moyes any day, at lest it would be a fun journey ,where is he by the the way ;hug
  • Baracks, again this is probably correct but that was then this is now. We can only affect from today onwards, so once again I pose the question that you seem to continue to avoid..
  • Florin,

Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth and Newcastle might be above us at the moment, but I really don't think that is all a manager would consider when weighing up a job offer.

If somebody gets out good players playing, and gets the club 'right', gets our 60,000 seater stadium going, I'm fairly sure we'd easily overtake those teams, if not this season then next. And stay there.

Apart from Newcastle, the other four teams will eventually get relegated and struggle to come back up.
  • West Ham would be a step up for someone like Dyche, for example

He can plug away at Burnley but eventually the spectre of relegation would likely come to bear at some point

We have, on paper, decent players - better players than Burnley and more than enough time to right the wrongs
  • Jorderz, posted this on the Slav thread to a similar reply:
    Sweepy , all that is true and pre-season makes us a good 'project' and an attractive job. However right now we are mid season and potential relegation candidates and that changes things drastically, with players who aren't looking good. Managers fear their reputation being damaged (look at what happened with Koeman) and wouldn't want to touch us at this moment in time when we are in this situation.
This discussion has been closed.