Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I thought Feghouli would be good from what I had seen from his time at Valencia.

Wasn't convinced by Zaza even during the Euros he looked Pony. Tore seemed like a gamble considering all the rubbish that seemed to have come with him "Sakho mk 2" again didn't seem like a player we should recruit.

Ayew just seemed a panic buy after everything else fell through. I think he's a top quality player, and sorry i'm sure people will point out at Swansea he played up top though I dispute this... His best position whenever I had seem him play was on the left of a front 3, or tucked in behind, and we are not using him in either of those positions or even at all.

Masuaku I actually think did okay before he got injured.

January window still think Fonte and Snodgrass were poor signings. Can understand why as a replacement for Ogbonna and Payet. But I don't think shelving the 8m for a 33 year old and Snodgrass who imo isn't a top 10 player. Just didn't seem like good money spent.
  • Fonte is an accomplished CB, current International, EuropeanChampion and is probably thinking, like the most of us, why hasn't he got a RB next to him.
  • Portugal played trash one of the worst winners of the Euros to have ever happened. An achievement of luck akin to Chelsea winning the Champs league by sitting on their goal line against Barca and Bayern if I remember right.
  • Yeold

Yeah but he was in their defence, so if they won based on playing defensively that's not exactly a bad thing for him to have been involved in.
  • West Ham are considering a move for Sampdoria's 25-year-old forward Luis Muriel as the club continue their search for a new striker. (Daily Mirror)
  • We have been linked with that fella for about 6 years now (I remember his name as he flopped for me on Football Manager).
  • Hopefully he becomes a star and scores with his bonce. Would love to see rerun of Muriels Heading ;ok ;wahoo ;yercoat
  • McHammer

Now I need to go and get my toes professionally uncurled...
  • It's funny, but I actually think we have the RB we have needed in Byram.

For me, our biggest issues are GK, DM & ST.
  • I like Byram, the boy wants it and quite and he's not bottling out of anything like Cressie is right now (start playing Artur)

We've not had a settled defence all season and this is th result.

Regarding the money Luke, I don't think it's anyone saving or not spending anything, we just don't have it yet

I can only think their reason to defer the repayment of their loans for 3 years is because they won't be able to use payday anymore? So we will need to have the money for transfers up front.

I don't expect the Daves to reach into their pockets anymore, yes it would be nice but frankly I don't want them taking interest either.

We simply don't have the cashlow yet, it will take a couple of years
  • I think most of our team are bang average. How many of our players get into a match day squad in the top 6. Tells you all you need to know about how far we are away from top 6. Hell top 10....
  • Yeold

For me, last season for us was a freak, not unlike Leicester's.

We aren't anywhere near top 6 quality, and we weren't last season either.

We are a mid-table club, with ambitions of looking up not down. That doesn't come in a single purchase, or a couple of transfer windows.

If people were basing their expectations this season on repeating last year, then no wonder they are disappointed.
  • Trouble is Gman the owners have fuelled the fire with the next level stuff and all the bluster about marque signings (SMH)

• a two man tent would have been a start , we started with a sleeping bag

Don't run before you can walk Mr Sullivan ;ok
  • Did they say next level this season?
  • you have to buy quality and spend big to break into the top six , on Saturday

3 of our new players where on the pitch 36.5m worth not value for money in my mind panic buys and one late signing to cover LB .

imo you need to spend 36.5m on one player up front not 2 average players .

just saying .

we will clear out in the summer maybe raising 30/40 m I can see if this was the case us spending 90/100m that's what needs to happen probably not but we will see.
  • Raising 30 - 40m ? like to know how that one is worked out.
  • I don't think we've ever raised more than £10m in the summer since S&G took over, unless we're cashing in on Antonio, Reid and Obiang I don't see us raising that sort of cash with our fringe players
  • Nord 5m back to Germany
    fengulie 8m to roma
    Valencia 14m to Everton
    then a few fringe players for 10m easy ;ok

Could see Antonio go for 25m
    carroll for 30m to china ;hmm
  • top striker DM and RB , plus couple of young kids coming through and given a chance would help Slav , just don't seem to give some young one's a look in at west ham no more.
  • I didn't realise you were a stand-up comedian but £14m for Valencia is a cracker....
  • Nordveit will come good. If he's played at DM and not right back
  • Nord 5m back to Germany
    fengulie 8m to roma
    Valencia 14m to Everton
    then a few fringe players for 10m easy ;ok

Could see Antonio go for 25m
    carroll for 30m to china ;hmm

Cant see any of that if i'm being honest.
  • I thought Valencia's loan deal had a £14m sale price attached.
  • I didn't realise you were a stand-up comedian but £14m for Valencia is a cracker....

Well who knows, if he's fitted in to Koemans plans and is scoring and assisting now
  • Valencia hasn't stated since they lost to Leicester in the 3rd Round and in half the games since then he's not got off the bench.

No one is going to pay £14m for a sub. If we have stuck a £14m price on his loan deal it shows just how out of touch with reality our owners are. We'd be lucky to get half that, maybe £5-6m
  • There is a decent player in there somewhere although not best suited for the Prem. I think we'll get decent money for him should he go.
  • We paid £12m for him, he's not managed to hold a starting place here or Everton,, I'll be generous and say we might get £8m but we certainly aren't going to sell him with a £14m price tag.
  • I said 14m because I read we had a deal in place to sell him to them for 14m
    in todays market 14m for a sub who can come on and change a game is peanuts
    after all we have 20m in Ayew sat on our bench most weeks ;cool
This discussion has been closed.