The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Comments

• According to Sky the club has said they won’t be bullied into selling players they don’t want to sell and his valuation is £50M and he is likely to stay. However situation may change as Chinese window closes 28 Feb.
  • edited January 2019
    Sorry, but come on. He trained all week well according to Pellegrini, who then felt he had to leave him out on Saturday. So obviously something happened on Friday which Pelle questioned & what ever that was Arnie should be made to answer for.

This isn’t about him wanting to earn big bucks. Fair play to him for that. It’s his life. This is about him doing the right thing whilst he remains a West Ham player, which could be another 3 years.

In the words of his spokesman:
    “Marko is professional and is preparing himself for the Arsenal game. He will give 100 per cent for West Ham. That is Marko. He will never change.

“Until he is no longer a West Ham player, he will give everything to the club. He hopes the fans can respect his wishes.”
  • Mrs G as far as I’m aware he did ask for a move as Noble said he’d apologised to him for asking for a move.
  • edited January 2019
    thorn

Not sure Noble said that. I thought I saw somewhere that he was sorry for wanting to go, but that could be false memory.

What Marky Mark did say was:
    I’m not qualified to comment on transfer stuff on any player because it’s nothing to do with me, but I know he loves this club — and we love him.
    and
    I know him well and I speak to him a lot. Believe me, he loves West Ham and the fans.
  • Lukerz said:

Sorry, but come on. He trained all week well according to Pellegrini, who then felt he had to leave him out on Saturday. So obviously something happened on Friday which Pelle questioned & what ever that was Arnie should be made to answer for.

We don't know that anything happened on Friday, for all we know Pellegrini could have had doubts when he subbed Arnie against Arsenal but decided to let Arnie train as normal just in case.
  • thorn, he wanted the club to accept the offer/he asked the club to agree to his move... AFTER the offer came in.

Not the same thing.

'It is his great desire that West Ham accept the offer from China.'
  • Lukerz said:

Sorry, but come on. He trained all week well according to Pellegrini, who then felt he had to leave him out on Saturday. So obviously something happened on Friday

No necessarily.

Lots of players train all week and don't make the matchday squad.
  • Maybe Pelle thought that while Arnie would be OK to play, a negative fan reaction at the ground might have a negative impact on the other players.
  • MrsGrey

Arnie, when fit, is/was 'first name on the teamsheet' and therefore considered as more important to us than RVT who, if as you say, was being used for back-up only. The loss of Arnie will impact us more than the loss of RVT would have.

I agree with what Thorn said:
    "If he’d come out and said that he’d never really had thought to leave but the money is ridiculous and he just couldn’t turn it down then I think people would have more sympathy."

• edited January 2019
    I think it is the same thing. The offer didn’t come out of the blue as his brother was obviously trying to set it up and he would have known of it. I doubt the Chinese club contacted us and we said to Arnie and his brother we’ve had an offer for you and they’re offering you £200k per week.
    To me, saying to the club I want you to accept the offer construes a transfer request.
    At no point, to my knowledge did Arnie say that he’s aware of an offer but he’s a West Ham player and it’s not up to him but if the club are prepared to accept it then I’ll have to consider it.
    I may be wrong but I think the whole thing has been engineered by he and his brother, primarily the latter.
  • But obviously he isn’t, and that’s up to him, but try and act in a dignified manner, let’s not try and mug the club, manager and fans off eh?

How has he tried to mug anyone off? He trained all week but the manager decided to leave him out of the squad.
    His brother is employed by him, therefore he owns that....

He’s said that he will continue to give 100% but clearly in training something fell short whether it was his effort, form or his head being turned...he owns that as well

There must’ve been other times when he may of fallen short in training but his head was where it should be and he got picked, one of the first on the sheet probably, there is no way that MP would reduce our chances in a game by not picking him for no reason, he knows we pose way more of a threat when he’s on the pitch

I just can’t see how this doesn’t stop at Arnie. I’d love him to stay, focus release a statement, a proper one and say he’s fully committed to the club, if he doesn’t go anywhere this window. I think they’re playing games either to get a massive pay rise from us or force our hand in the similar way the Dave’s had to take less that we probably wanted for Payet.

If he does stay he’s got a real job on his hands winning over the fans, not impossible because normally playing well and scoring pretty much trumps anything else with our lot.
  • At least Arnie didn't have his photo taken wearing a Guangzhou Evergrande shirt...
  • It was only a few weeks ago Arnie was playing having not trained all week
  • True that lukerz maybe they have said 50 million he’s yours get back to us by such and such or the deals off and we won’t risk an injury till that time just seems bizarre to me that he didn’t play given he’d said while here he would give 100% something amiss
  • His brother is employed by him, therefore he owns that....

He’s said that he will continue to give 100% but clearly in training something fell short whether it was his effort, form or his head being turned...he owns that as well

There must’ve been other times when he may of fallen short in training but his head was where it should be and he got picked, one of the first on the sheet probably, there is no way that MP would reduce our chances in a game by not picking him for no reason, he knows we pose way more of a threat when he’s on the pitch

I just can’t see how this doesn’t stop at Arnie. I’d love him to stay, focus release a statement, a proper one and say he’s fully committed to the club, if he doesn’t go anywhere this window. I think they’re playing games either to get a massive pay rise from us or force our hand in the similar way the Dave’s had to take less that we probably wanted for Payet.

If he does stay he’s got a real job on his hands winning over the fans, not impossible because normally playing well and scoring pretty much trumps anything else with our lot.

An agent's job is to get the best deal they can for their client not the club and if the Chinese deal was as good as reported then his brother was doing an excellent job as an agent.

Only Pellegrini knows why he left Arnie out of the squad and maybe Arnie felt he was okay to play.

West Ham fans are no different from fans of any other club and yes, they are a fickle lot, things are quickly forgotten when a player is doing well.

PDC is a West Ham legend despite wanting a transfer to Manchester United and sulking about it.
  • Isn’t trying to get a deal for your client while under contract called tapping up, just saying lol
  • Sky sports saying arnie staying put now
  • MrsGrey said:

Maybe Pelle thought that while Arnie would be OK to play, a negative fan reaction at the ground might have a negative impact on the other players.

We were playing away Mrs Grey, or were u referring to the odd thousand away fans?
  • His brother was his agent when he negotiated the deal with us so I don’t see how people are happy that his brother starts trying to find him a move within months. He tried in summer and he’s tried again. I think his brother is just out for what he gets out of it.
  • Well, yes. The bigger the deal he negotiates, the more money they both make. So what benefits the agent benefits the player. Isn't that how it should be?
  • Normally yes but in this case I think it’s incidental. I don’t think he cares whether a deal is good for Arnie’s career or his football as long as he, the brother does well out of it. I think he’d sell him down the river to make himself money.
    He might just as well negotiate contracts which run from window to window. If he’d got him a deal with Barca or Madrid or PSG that’s a good move but China just shows that it’s mercenary.
  • edited January 2019

I don’t think he cares whether a deal is good for Arnie’s career or his football

That's the player's decision to make. He's a grown up

Danijel is Arnie's agent, not his psychologist or his mum.
  • I think his brother is working to instructions given by Arnie himself. All this “big nasty brother” stuff doesn’t really cut it imo.
  • And why can’t he be mercenary if that’s the case? It’s his career.
  • edited January 2019

I think he’d sell him down the river to make himself money.

Come on. You are really reaching now. You know nothing about their relationship. You've never met either of them.
  • I think he will stay till the summer at least then go to whoever pays him the most providing we get the right price to replace I say go life goes on I still be here till my dying breath now there’s loyalty
  • I think it's hard to evaluate the situation entirely without being privy to the real conversations being had so we end up having to guess what is really going on. In my view the outcome will likely decide where it has all been, and how similar to the Payet situation it is. What is for sure is that his brother started off on the wrong foot and caused Payet comparisons by using similar language.

In my view if Arnie wishes to prevent what we are doing here and what much of the fan base are doing he needs simply use his twitter to communicate with the fans as he has done in the past. I feel something along the lines of ' I have stated to the club that I would like to take the opportunity offered, however I have also made clear that if the two sides cannot reach agreement I will be fully committed and give my all throughout the rest of the season'. This is what Noble commented on but if Arnie comes out and states it then I feel no one can reasonably argue with that position.

I personally would be happy with either

Pelle decides he wishes to comply with the players wishes and achieves a valuation of our making which he uses this window to replace him with an eye on our cup ambitions and attempts to finish as high up the league as we can.

Pelle decides he cannot afford to let him go this window and Arnie commits and demonstrates full commitment.

I would consider the following deeply unsatisfactory.

Pelle decides he doesn't want to sell but it is made clear he will have a player refusing to give 100% and ends up accepting a low valuation.

Pelle accepts a fair valuation only on the final few hours meaning we do not bring anyone in as we do not have a forward line to attack the FA cup in my view, but with Arnie I believe we have a good crack at it this season.
  • Now being reported that the 'interested' club has withdrawn their offer and have moved on to other targets.

Looks like Arnautovic will be staying.