Injury and Recovery News for the 2019/20 season

Comments

• Makes me happy :wahoo:
  • Plays the West Ham way.
  • Sounds like Fabianski is going to be "weeks out"
  • edited September 2019
    Based on?

Is that your own view, or has there been something from the club?

Last I saw, Pelle was saying the medical bods would get involved tomorrow.
  • Luckily there is a two week international break following next weeks game. So that’s 3 weeks where we play 1 game. Hopefully he only misses a couple of fixtures as a result.
  • Another one?!? Yawn! At least the rugby will be on.
  • During Pelle’s comments

Goalkeeper is an important player, but I trust a lot in Roberto also. Roberto played well, he’s a very good goalkeeper and we will see what will happen with Lukasz’s injury and how many weeks he will be out
  • This from a manager who thinks Sanchez is a footballer! :doh:
  • So what did Roberto do wrong today?
  • Ironherb, see the comments on the match thread between 3.38-3.41.
  • The comments came from people who appeared to be watching the game and they weren’t encouraging!
  • edited September 2019
    I watched the game too. His kicking was poor but Fab has had his moments too. People are so quick to put players down.
    Funny how Adrian, now he's gone, has become so good when he was often put down on here.
  • our back four turned white when fab went off :biggrin:
  • IronHerb said:

I watched the game too. His kicking was poor but Fab has had his moments too. People are so quick to put players down.
    Funny how Adrian, now he's gone, has become so good when he was often put down on here.

That sounds just like some only a few weeks back re Cresswell...Now he's a goal machine!
    Sanchez on the other hand deserves all the grief he gets!
  • I bet :adrian: has no regrets
  • I think Roberto started very poorly with his kicking, but that settled and he made a couple of decent stops. He’s clearly not as good as Fab, but I’m sure he’ll be fine as a deputy.
  • He could end up as never being on the losing side for Liverpool in the prem
  • alderz said:

I think Roberto started very poorly with his kicking, but that settled and he made a couple of decent stops. He’s clearly not as good as Fab, but I’m sure he’ll be fine as a deputy.

And, to be fair, other than Ederson, I don't think any keeper is better than Fab currently in the PL.
  • West Ham fear Fabianski could be out for three months with thigh injury: Jacob Steinberg (The Guardian) :nonono:
  • 'a scan showed the goalkeeper sustained a torn thigh muscle'

He seems quite definite (Steinberg).

Disappointing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/30/west-ham-fear-lukasz-fabianski-could-be-out-for-three-months-with-thigh-injury
  • BBC reporting it as “at least” two months
  • Two international breaks in the next two months is handy, but if it was 2 months exactly, I think his first game back would be Wolves away.

Which means we're looking at Roberto / Martin for:

Palace H, Everton A, Blunts H, Newcastle H, Burnley A, Spurs H, Chelsea A
  • So about seven games before we win again
  • That is a bit of a disaster. Fab is definitely one of those who genuinely wins us points.

Don’t understand why our u23 can’t be considered - roberto doesn’t inspire confidence at all
  • baracks

Our U23 keeper is Joseph Anang, and he was definitely behind Nathan Trott in the pecking order last season. Trott is on loan at AFC Wimbledon, made 8 appearances. He wasn't their #1 at the start of the season but has now taken over. I doubt they'd recall him (I'm not sure that we're even allowed outside of transfer windows) for 2 months.

I think really hope Roberto will be fine.
  • Massive loss. One that I think could derail our season a bit some what.
  • alderz said:

baracks

Trott is on loan at AFC Wimbledon, made 8 appearances. He wasn't their #1 at the start of the season but has now taken over. I doubt they'd recall him (I'm not sure that we're even allowed outside of transfer windows) for 2 months.

I think you can recall (although in any case I wouldn't want to, as he seems to be doing well there) if it's a genuine emergency. There seem to be special rules for GKs.

(Just thinking about it I really wouldn't want him recalled because if he came back and played for us, then that would be his 'two clubs' done. What would he do when Fab's fit and playing again. Wimbledon wouldn't want him back. So he'd be stuck back in the U23s)