Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

1717273747577»

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Jeez. Noble was quick in 2010.

I was going to say that, but was too slow.

I'd have made it back in 2010...
  • edited August 2019
    IBL are you actually being serious about watching more Watfrod games because they have signed Wellbeck, I mean this guy is up there with any sick note around....Even if he is skilled when available...It just sounds to me a wierd statement...But u entiltled to them !...&
    Cullen confirmed back on loan to Charlton....
  • jay

Just my opinion, but my impression is that IBL's comments are usually intended to provoke a reaction.
  • Cullen confirmed to Charlton with recall option in first 2 weeks of Jan
  • I do wonder if we sign Ajeti who will miss out in the squad ?

Rumours now of Drinkwater on loan to
  • Grey :ok: Im not always in par with others so each to their own I guess!, I mean I actually like Mike Dean as a ref.....!!
  • Herb, out of curiosity, do you know what was Noble's 100m sprint time in 2010, because as far as I can remember Noble has never been quick, although of course it depends on whether you mean absolute or relative quickness.
  • BND

Nobes was quick relative to his pace today, which after 9 years probably doesn't come as much of a surprise.
  • Yeold,
    There is a space in the squad as far as I can make out. I count 23 then add Ajeti makes 24 still leaving room for 1 more. Rice and Johnson still count as Academy so are additional to the 25.
    Or am I getting this all wrong? :hmm:
  • edited August 2019
    Never mind if Noble is faster then a snail ,,,,,,,,,the important thing is ......can i go to bed yet or will i miss something :biggrin:
  • Remember the hare and the tortoise
  • Herb, out of curiosity, do you know what was Noble's 100m sprint time in 2010, because as far as I can remember Noble has never been quick, although of course it depends on whether you mean absolute or relative quickness.

Noble had a touch of the Morro gene, was neve that quick but knew where he needed to be.
  • But sometimes struggled to get there.
  • Herb

We have 17 senior non HG players, including Silva, so 1 has to drop out if he comes.

With Cullen off, we have 2 HG spots open.
  • IH

Grey did a post before showing who we have. A total of 23 players. We have 17 non-homegrown players, which is the maximum we can have. Take out Silva, add in Ajeti, then we still have 17 non-homegrown players.

If we want another player on top of Ajeti, he will have to either be homegrown or some other non-homegrown player has to leave (which I don’t think will happen).
  • Even Morro wasn't perfect.

In the second half of last season Noble was playing some killer passes, he was looking good under Pellegrini.

And Rice looked a lot more comfortable with Noble playing alongside him. Sometimes its not just what the player can offer, its how other players play when a certain player is on the pitch.

Maybe after we've conceded 3 goals against City, Brighton and Watford we'll see Wilshere dropped and Marky Mark returned to the starting line up.

You can deride me if I'm wrong...
  • It took me 3 minutes to post that. Grey swooping in before me.
  • Ajeti not in Basel squad tonight, although there was a suggestion he had a knock. ...
  • Apparently that was because he was having his medical with us. :biggrin:
  • Herb

I certainly hope so. He looks like he would be a quality addition.
  • I’d like to see us make an eleventh hour bid for Zaha, just so we can see Aslef self combust at the mere thought :lol:
  • After Ajeti, no other deals are looking likely, according to Ex. We are looking at a homegrown midfielder but it is not likely to happen this window.
  • IBL are you actually being serious about watching more Watfrod games because they have signed Wellbeck, I mean this guy is up there with any sick note around....Even if he is skilled when available...It just sounds to me a wierd statement...But u entiltled to them !...&
    Cullen confirmed back on loan to Charlton....

I really enjoyed watching a couple of their games last season. The FA cup semi especially. They have an all action approach to games that I like. I love watching Deeney throwing himself around, and it intrigues my footballing sense how he will link up with Wellbeck. I will do the same if Zaha goes to Everton, I followed his progress at Palace after he impressed me alot. I have never claimed to be a super-fan of West Ham, just like to watch football played well by teams or individuals.
  • I have a seat at Anfield for you...

#come to the red side
  • Get me Zaha and I’m there
  • We can pop across the road to Goodison to see him (when Liverpool are away).

#Sorted
  • Sounds good, as long as it doesn't interfere with my Watford home games
This discussion has been closed.