Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Your betting record is that good it it? ;lol ;sofa

So you really think if the fan had said “oh okay” to the original call he’d of ended up with what he did?

Interesting?
  • I'll continue to question anything that I think lacks what I feel are valid or trustworthy sources, or appears not to be telling the full story, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.
  • MrsGrey said:

1. I didn't realise it was the same person. (How would I know?)

2. Now that I know it is... my point stands. You/others have assumed it wouldn't have worked out this way without his initial hostile and stroppy attitude. It is perfectly possible to also assume that if he had been pleasant and understanding in the first instance, it would still have worked out this way. Just without all the aggro along the way.

I just noticed you’ve actually had a pop at the fan for not swallowing the clubs first call? Blimey....

So they call him up and tell him he’s moving and that’s it, you know nothing about their lack of customer service but because he says “no” this is what I paid for then he’s the one at fault?? And that’s him being unpleasant and not understanding?

Wow....

• edited April 2018

I'll continue to question anything that I think lacks what I feel are valid or trustworthy sources, or appears not to be telling the full story, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

So you are in effect questioning Jim’s story, the full story, over what the club have posted which is about half the story

Blimey.....

You posted the club and BBC stories to try and question what I’d already brought to the forum, fair enough If you don’t want to believe it, that’s your choice.

But I’m telling you now, they didn’t tell the full story, why would they, it looks bad on them, but don’t question what I brought or what Horsham did for that matter.....they’re pretty much nailed on facts, whether you like it or not.
  • edited April 2018

So you really think if the fan had said “oh okay” to the original call he’d of ended up with what he did?

Interesting?

No. That's not what I said. Stop 'faking' my comments to try to make your opinion seem more valid.

To save you the trouble of reading my post again, I will repeat the key point.
    It is perfectly possible to assume....
    that things would have transpired differently if the circumstances had been different.

I can't see the future before it happens.

And even less can I see the future that might have happened if something else that never happened had happened.

In the trousers of time there are at least two legs.

• Remind me again where we heard the club's version of what happened in the first phone call...

And then tell me who is accepting 'half a story'.

• I just noticed you’ve actually had a pop at the fan for not swallowing the clubs first call? Blimey....

So they call him up and tell him he’s moving and that’s it, you know nothing about their lack of customer service but because he says “no” this is what I paid for then he’s the one at fault?? And that’s him being unpleasant and not understanding?

Wow....

There you go again.

• I'll continue to question anything that I think lacks what I feel are valid or trustworthy sources, or appears not to be telling the full story, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

So you are in effect questioning Jim’s story, the full story, over what the club have posted which is about half the story

Blimey.....

You posted the club and BBC stories to try and question what I’d already brought to the forum, fair enough If you don’t want to believe it, that’s your choice.

But I’m telling you now, they didn’t tell the full story, why would they, it looks bad on them, but don’t question what I brought or what Horsham did for that matter.....they’re pretty much nailed on facts, whether you like it or not.
    No. Not for the first time you are not reading what I have written, and responding to something I haven't said or suggested.

I was referring to your comment:
    and stop questioning any piece of negative information what feels like most of the time?
    My reply had nothing to do with that fan or that specific issue.

• MrsGrey said:

Remind me again where we heard the club's version of what happened in the first phone call...

And then tell me who is accepting 'half a story'.

Well you can of course believe what you want, I’ll choose to believe the fan, he brought his situation to the table, his concern and what he thought was clearly something unreasonable to the fore.

By doing that it started a process that meant the club reconsidered and good on him.
  • MrsGrey said:

I just noticed you’ve actually had a pop at the fan for not swallowing the clubs first call? Blimey....

Wow....

There you go again.

So please explain what we’re you doing In that post if it wasn’t having a pop at the fan and questioning his behaviour / attitude? How is it you know how he behaved but not how the club behaved?

• This is all quite amusing really, blimey there is a bit of a story about a fan and his seat, the club get there eventually but only post the good side to the story when resolved

But in order to defend the club you believe that it wasn’t as cold hearted as originally thought, I may or missed it but who called it cold hearted? He had a call and refused what they were offering, which wasn’t what he now got and is pleased with. Who knows how he was on the call, polite, rude, who knows but we also don’t know how the club was

Bottom line he stood his ground and with help of others he got something of an upgrade for the inconvenience which is how it should be, good customer service and looks good on the club. Which was applauded.

Anyway time to move on I think

• Excellent in most cases two sides to every story, but this case there are many.
    Out of interest, how long to get resolved?
    One happy fan ;ok
  • I'm quite happy to have the Beeb and club 'big up' the happy ending to this incident. I think most agree that the club needs to improve our image. What preceded the happy ending could be seen as proof that the Board/club officials do listen to complaints (glass half full attitude.)
  • The whole thing about the seat thing is that the initial call was probably done with zero input from the board.
    Just like in any other organisation things change and you might get a general admin person phoning you and saying that X has changed because of Y.
    You then kick up a fuss about it and someone higher up gets notified and things get resolved in a better fashion.

• From my view point is was hard to see why an of the wheelchair users had to be moved. BiL went to have a look and the new barriers didn't block any of the wheelchair places as far as he could see.

• Still.

There was an issue.

Issue got sorted.

• http://thehlist.blogspot.ca/2018/05/west-ham-1-4-manchester-city-and-other.html?m=1

I’ve yet to read a better open letter to our club (does contain swearing)
  • Slav, thanks for posting that link - a brilliant read ;ok
  • Great letter. I would like to see a reply from Sully.
  • What a stat within there - we have yet to score 4 goals in a game at our home ground yet Man City have managed it three times

;lol
  • I usually really look forward to the summer transfer window but I just know that they are not going to get the players we need, especially if Sully is in full control. All we're going to get is the same old "we tried" rubbish.
  • Is the stat actually accurate. I thought it was two 4's and a 5.
  • The best we have had is a couple of 3-0's.
  • I usually really look forward to the summer transfer window but I just know that they are not going to get the players we need, especially if Sully is in full control. All we're going to get is the same old "we tried" rubbish.

Whatever rubbish they try and spin to the contrary, Sully will always be in complete control. Not say, like at Spurs where the custodian, Daniel Levy is in total charge, but the owner is rarely referred to as he sits on his yacht in the carribean
  • Thorn, don't be picky ;biggrin
  • I read that earlier.

Interesting.....
  • Doesnt matter

G&S wont sell unless for a fee that noone would match
  • That rumour has been around previously.