West Ham v Leeds (A): Saturday 25th September; 15:00

Comments

• We are by no means out of this, but need an improvement in the 2nd half for sure.
    Fornals on a yellow, perhaps get him off....
    Other than that we haven't been great, a bit lacklusture and a little wasteful at times/ some good saves....Leeds have IMO been that litlle bit better than us....
    COYI.....
  • We have been poor but could easily be 2-1 up

We need to be a bit sharper after half time &, if we are, I can still see us turning this around
  • We are giving them far to much space
  • We started well then started taking far too long on the ball, knowing full well Leeds are a high energy pressing side who give you no time. We let a goal in because of dawdling and then we continued to concede unnecessary territory because of slow passing and lethargic play.
  • Don't panic, we'll win the second half and win the game.
  • Started strong and finished the half looking good but definitely allowed Leeds to play their game for the majority of that half, Fab has been coming in for some criticism recently but IMO, he has kept us in it today,

Fornals is a workhorse but he often has that red mist moment and hurries his final ball/shot, sometimes he has more time than he thinks and with a bit more composure would greatly increase his goal/assist ratio
  • I've only watched the last 15 minutes of that half, but what I saw was poor. And yet we still could have gone in level if Fornals hadn't had blown his 1v1.

Looks like it may be one of those games; their 'keeper having a worldie, our players not performing and the old West Ham habit of allowing teams to break their ducks against us creeping back in.

Only half way through and time to turn it around, but I can't see us scoring.
  • We all know they’ll start blowing after an hour. If we can stay within 1 until 65/70 we could have a Moyes Everton style blitz in the last 20 to pinch the win.
  • Seeing the goal again, I don't know why Ogbonna and Soucek both went with Rodrigo. It meant Rice was completely exposed against James and Raphina

• Only half way through and time to turn it around, but I can't see us scoring.

That's cos you have only seen the last 15 minutes.
  • edited September 2021
    alderz said:

Seeing the goal again, I don't know why Ogbonna and Soucek both went with Rodrigo. It meant Rice was completely exposed against James and Raphina

I’ve said this before, Soucek (& sometimes Rice) neglect their defensive responsibilities (make poor choices). Soucek did not need to do that. He had no chance of impacting the game by making that choice.
  • James off, Harrison on
  • Why is that not a yellow card. He tackled Antonio to the ground.
  • edited September 2021
    Ooh, will it stand?

No :-(
  • Sadly correct decision.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ooh, will it stand?

Nope. Because we're not scoring.

Trust me on this.
  • Also I don't know why we were allowed to take the free kick again after mucking it up so badly
  • Oh, so that's a yellow. Grr.
  • I'm not having fun.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ooh, will it stand?

Nope. Because we're not scoring.

Trust me on this.
    Looks like one of those games....I hope you are wrong tho!
  • No real complaints on that decision, hopefully it will spur us on to get back in it
  • I think we believe our own hype rather than just get on with it

I'm not sure about that, personally. I don't really think we have that type of squad
  • Shameful playacting there by the dirty Lid. Trying to get Antonio 2nd yellow when there was no facial contact.

I don't think we have any hype.
  • Benny has covered some ground today, looks sharp going forward and on a couple of notable occasions has cleaned up at the back
  • 5 on target one must go in soon
  • 5 on target one must go in soon

You'd think, but no.
  • I've hated this game. We're getting nothing from it.