Emma Radacanu- Superstar

WOW! ๐ŸŽพ
What a brilliant young talented person.
You have made many fans very proud.
Flipping well done Emma ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
ยซ1

Comments

• Thereโ€™ll be a lot of finals in the future featuring these two. Unbelievable quality all the way through.
  • Amazing performance given her lack of experience.
  • Brilliant win & another bonus is it reduces the amount of media attention given to CR7.
  • I feel like I want to hear Chris Kamara say 'unbelievable Jeff'. An incredible sporting achievement!
  • Fortune thatโ€™s wishful thinking.
  • Absolutely, amazing, and I can't think in my lifetime of a bigger outsider winning a top level competition from absolutely nowhere. Leicester City were in the middle of 20 clubs, she was at the bottom end of 128 players, more if you count the qualifiers!

Congratulations too to Joe Salisbury, who won TWO Grand Slam titles last week. He probably doesn't know whether to laugh or cry about his wins getting, understandably, completely swamped by this unprecedented achievement.
  • She played 10 matches and didn't drop a set. Totally amazing.
  • edited September 2021
    ..,and wasnโ€™t it refreshing that for once the prize money wasnโ€™t even mentioned. A really joyous victory! Itโ€™s like a National league club winning the FA cup.
  • Except when they handed her a cheque for $2.5M before the trophy.
  • Thatโ€™s the one thing that bothered me. The mentioning the money. Isnโ€™t it about the trophy and just winning? No need to put a price tag on it.
  • It's not about the trophy and just winning. Not at all. It's a job. Her job.
  • edited September 2021
    She'll make more money from endorsements than for actually winning the tournament.
    Still waiting to see her Primary School teacher on the news. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Think her multi cultural background will help her a lot, particularly with marketing and endorsements, British but born in Canada, Chinese mother and Romanian father, speaks Mandarin, but a wonderful talent.
  • Until the gloss wears off and the trolls start attacking.
  • edited September 2021

Think her multi cultural background will help her a lot, particularly with marketing and endorsements, British but born in Canada, Chinese mother and Romanian father, speaks Mandarin, but a wonderful talent.

Thats impressive how we've managed to make her British :) I knew there was something fishy about an 18 year old Brit being amazing ;) Was hoping at least one of the parents was British with her Romanian surname.

At least she's going to do better than British Greg Rusedski
  • I think I read she moved here when she was 2 (or something around that).
  • Bazshuayi said:

Thats impressive how we've managed to make her British

She is British. Born in Toronto but moved to the UK when she was two years old, grew up in Orpington and started playing tennis at the Parklangley Club in Beckenham

Orpington...the horror, the horror

I love that her Romanian dad is called Ian and her Chinese mum is Renee
  • MrsGrey said:

It's not about the trophy and just winning. Not at all. It's a job. Her job.

That is sad.
  • MrsGrey said:

It's not about the trophy and just winning. Not at all. It's a job. Her job.

That is sad.
    Why is that sad?

Should I be celebrating the PowerPoint I just sent to my boss, and doing it for the love of the charts?
  • No. You definitely shouldnโ€™t.
  • alderz said:

Why is that sad?

Should I be celebrating the PowerPoint I just sent to my boss, and doing it for the love of the charts?

You mean to say you don't? ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • alderz said:

Why is that sad?

You mean to say you don't? ๐Ÿ˜‚
    He definitely does
  • I think we all know what the key thing is though... What nationality is the PowerPoint? English, Romanian or Canadian??
  • We'd all celebrate a player scoring a goal and that's their job. I see no difference. Just chill and let her enjoy her moment. It was a great achievement
  • When discussing Boxing I can never decide who I think is the greatest British heavyweight Boxer, Anthony Joshua or the Canadian Lennox Lewis!
  • Heโ€™s a Newham boy
  • c&bsky. Lennox Lewis. Joshua has to beat some bloke called Tyson, and that isn't Mike, surely before he can be considered the greatest British Heavyweight boxer?
  • edited September 2021

c&bsky. Lennox Lewis. Joshua has to beat some bloke called Tyson, and that isn't Mike, surely before he can be considered the greatest British Heavyweight boxer?

I think that fight has to happen belts or not, Joshua has defended the heavyweight title many times, something that Fury has not, but Fury is unbeaten. I am not sure either is better than Lewis was in his prime, I think he matched AJ for power and could out jab Fury all day. I have never seen a jab carry the power that Lewis's did.

Usyk is a very hard fight for AJ first however, that's no walkover and probably better than he has fought up to now, possibly with the exception of Klitchsko, who was a little past his best unfortunately.

• Is it just me? Seeing John Terry in any picture irritates me...