Other matches 19th, 20th and 21st March

Leeds put a dent in Fulham's chances of avoid the drop last night, both Newcastle and Brighton have two games in hand.

Along with the FA Cup quarters and Premier League games we have the Old Frim derby tomorrow lunchtime

Comments

• I'll be surprised if that finished eleven against eleven
  • Like Chelsea v Leeds FA Cup final 1970 four times a year

And I love that Rangers song

"With me Acker Bilk hat
    And me brolly 'neath me arm
    And me little bit of orange cloth"
  • Steve Bruce gone in the morning? Newcastle 3-0 down to Brighton.
  • Newcastle have a hellish run in....

Spurs H
    Burnley A
    West Ham H
    Liverpool A
    Arsenal H
    Leicester A
    Man City H
    Sheff Utd H
    Fulham A

They really need to avoid being relegated before the last two games but it's hard to see where their points are coming from before then.
  • Fulham not too much better but a little easier

Villa A
    Wolves H
    Arsenal A
    Chelsea A
    Burnley H
    Southampton A
    Man Utd A
    Newcastle H
  • Fulhams GD is -15 to Newcastles -2

That could be telling

But based on form, I'd like to think Fulham could do it, partly because Newcastle just look awful atm
  • Fulhams GD is -15 to Newcastles -20

That could be telling

But based on form, I'd like to think Fulham could do it, partly because Newcastle just look awful atm

20 not 2
  • Gary Lineker being quite funny about Leics beating Man U.
  • That Spurs first XI?
  • Come on the Villa. There, I've said it. 😬
  • Fulham not too much better but a little easier

Villa A
    Wolves H
    Arsenal A
    Chelsea A
    Burnley H
    Southampton A
    Man Utd A
    Newcastle H

To be fair, if you are v near the bottom of the league any run in is going to be tricky as you will generally be playing sides above you in the league.
  • I know we all know it anyway but Kane is such a cheat. No way that’s a penalty.
  • I know we all know it anyway but Kane is such a cheat. No way that’s a penalty.

No, but he does play for Spurs, so, you know.

I don't know if it's because he's the captain of England, or whether the game is that corrupt that the powers that be want Spurs (and Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal...) to finish top six, but he gets away with so much.

After yesterday, I'm leaning towards the latter. Some of Moss's decisions were that questionable that I do wonder if West Ham finishing top six would be a massive inconvenience to the FA/PL. I felt that in the 15/16 season when we were pushing for a CL spot we got some horrific decisions given against us, and there have been a number of instances this season, too.
  • Can't stand Kane, but he's a sure bet to break Shearers Prem Record

That was his 160th, 100 away from shearer

Excluding this season (where he already has 17 goals) in his 5 seasons since he broke into the first team he has averaged 24 goals a season

So if he scores minimum 4 the remainder of this season, he should be ready to break the record by the end of the 24/25 season when he's 31

Say what you want but that is an exceptional achievement and he's an exceptional player
  • I don't like how he's turned dirtier over time with diving, backing in, and other things. But I don't actually dislike him very much. He think he's an incredible player, I just wish he wasn't being an incredible player at Spurs! I hope they miss out on Europe and he goes to Spain or Italy or something.
  • He's a very good player, but, like Salah, he'd still be a very good player if he played fairly, that's why I dislike them both so much.
  • Salah was a better player when he played fairly!
  • Chalk and cheese. Deep lying cf and winger. You could say one's a liar and the other's a whinger, but they're pretty equal on those. =)