Welcome Frederik Alves

edited December 2020 in Completed Transfers
Lets hope he makes the grade and develops with us

Comments

• I like the official site says he speaks Brazilian and Portuguese, duh the same language, maybe he can tell Anderson to put some effort in
  • I like the official site says he speaks Brazilian and Portuguese, duh the same language, maybe he can tell Anderson to put some effort in

Well not exactly. I remember reading somewhere that it was like as similar as Glaswegian and English as she is spoken. =)
  • edited December 2020
    My son’s partner is Brazilian and she says there’s Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese which is made up of umpteen different dialects.
  • I briefly studied Spanish at university and our lecturer was English and had lived in Latin America, and told us that Latin American Spanish it was worlds apart from Spanish Spanish. But, that doesn’t mean there’s a language called Latin American.

I hope Big Fred does a better job for us than the comms team.
  • I spent three years as a child in Uruguay and at the age of 6 was bilingual. I assumed it wouldnt disappear. Crossing into Spain for the first time 35 years later from a French holiday, I didnt understand a thing. The word for beer began with a "C"!
  • alderz said:

I briefly studied Spanish at university and our lecturer was English and had lived in Latin America, and told us that Latin American Spanish it was worlds apart from Spanish Spanish.

There are even different types of Spanish Spanish :-)
  • edited December 2020
    And then there's Euskara and Català 😉
  • Apart from the Spanish lessons his he any good 😂
  • I spent three years as a child in Uruguay and at the age of 6 was bilingual. I assumed it wouldnt disappear. Crossing into Spain for the first time 35 years later from a French holiday, I didnt understand a thing. The word for beer began with a "C"!

I think the word beginning with C was cold. 🍺🍺🍺
  • Dos cerbeza por favor, but not in lockdown
  • edited December 2020
    I think I read somewhere that Basque language is like no other language on the planet.
  • edited December 2020
    Preston that's correct , it's a language isolate.
    From Wiki: in the absolute sense, one that is a natural language with no demonstrable genealogical (or "genetic") relationship with other languages, one that has not been demonstrated to descend from an ancestor common with any other language. Language isolates are in effect language families consisting of a single language.

My sister-in-law is currently dating a Basque guy, but because he grew up during Franco's reign during which it was forbidden, he doesn't speak it.
  • I don't know what position Frederik Alves plays but I now know more about the Basque language than I did this morning.
  • I don't know what position Frederik Alves plays but I now know more about the Basque language than I did this morning.

Outcast, to enlighten you a little more, one of the greatest paintings, Picasso's Guernica, was inspired by the bombing of the Basque town of that name in 1937 by the Nazi Condor Legion and fascist Italian Legionary Air Force in support of Franco.

The things you learn on here =)
  • It’s deffo an educamation being on here more betterer than other sights 😂
  • The bombing of Guernica was led by the b cousin of Baron Von Richthofen ( the red baron ) Wolfram
  • British journalist George Steer, correspondent of The Times, testified that an estimated 800 to 3,000 of 5,000 people perished in Guernica as a result of said bombing.