Welcome Said Benrahma

Not the most straightforward transfer to conclude, however one has to say, this guy looks genuinely box office

Really looking forward to seeing his magic with West Ham in the Prem.

Welcome Said

Comments

• Yes Welcome,Looking forward to you weaving your magic
  • Look forward to seeing a bit of swagger from our wingers (as much as I love Bowen he's a more industrious/direct then flashy and spectacular)

Obviously a difficult deal, but this way we have some assurances and lessens the risks involved (if something came up in the medical)
  • Been reported by sky that one of the snags in the deal was a loyalty bonus due to him which he insisted was paid as a bonus to over a 100 support staff if that’s the case I’ve changed my mind a little and will give him a chance seems to me he wants to come and play football
  • Our new penalty taker?
  • edited October 2020
    6 penalties, 6 goals. Took 4 of Brentford's 6 penalties last season and 2 for Châteauroux in Ligue 2 2017/18 (Neal Maupay was Brentford's penalty taker in 2018/19, scored 5 out of 5)

Stick with Soucek

Look forward to seeing a bit of swagger from our wingers (as much as I love Bowen he's a more industrious/direct then flashy and spectacular)

I don't really care if our wingers show a bit of swagger or not as long as the end result is the ball in the back of the net. Zarate had plenty of swagger but often it didn't go anywhere.
  • Zarate 😍
  • I think we are all intrigued to see how he does. Clearly he is a magical player at Championship level.

I think what is key to this signing is it allows Fornals to now be utilised centrally, with Benrahma replacing him on the left. That gives us an extra midfield option along with Rice, Soucek, Noble.

Defence is still lacking (LWB, first choice CB), plus it is very risky to go with Antonio & Haller all season. No doubt that is more than enough if they both stay fit; no other striker is going to displace Antonio at the moment.

Hope we can secure a LWB in Jan as we are reliant on Masuaku staying fit for the entire system to work.
  • I think he is going to be useful against teams who sit back and defend when they play us at the London stadium , think he will win a lot of free kicks a bit like grealish he will draw lots of fouls with his trickery . Be interesting to see how we set up will he play on the left of 5 with Bowen on the right rice soucek and fornals in the middle might leave us a bit exposed on the left hopefully Moyes will get him tracking back a bit like Anderson used to .
  • edited October 2020
    Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio - Benrahma

Randolph
    Diop - Rice - Dawson
    Fredericks - Noble - Fornals - Johnson
    Yarmolenko - Haller - Lanzini
  • Harsh on Fornals if he doesn't start.
  • Benrahma’s going to be a good signing for us, but Fornals has been really good the last few games and won’t lose his place easily
  • Agree, I only picked those sides as I felt they fit more into natural positions.

Fornals has the shirt for now. I think CM is more his longer term future.
  • I think Fornals has all the ability on the ball and the work rate to be a good central midfielder, and I think he could be a long term replacement for Noble
  • I think he already is. Noble doesn't get near the starting XI as it stands.
  • IronHerb said:

I think he already is. Noble doesn't get near the starting XI as it stands.

I’d say Soucek is his replacement at the moment, because Fornals is playing left wing
  • But Fornals moves around quite a bit. He's not an out and out left winger.
  • IronHerb said:

But Fornals moves around quite a bit. He's not an out and out left winger.

Yeah I know, but Noble never went left wing!
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

But Fornals moves around quite a bit. He's not an out and out left winger.

Yeah I know, but Noble never went left wing!
    Always voted tory ....................... =)
  • A Canning Town tory - the worst kind =)
  • Welcome to our club Said, and the very best of luck.
  • A great addition who hopefully will go on to become the magician and playmaker for years to come