Season Tickets 2020/21 season

West Ham have just announced the ticket process for next season. It would appear that they’re asking for your season ticket payment up front but due to the current crisis, social distancing, etc you will not be able to attend every game. Instead you will be entered into a ballot, after you’ve paid for your season ticket, and if you are selected you will then be able to attend the game. If you are not selected in the ballot you will be given a refund against your season ticket. There are a lot more finer details to it than this including a couple of payment options for your season ticket. This is my third season as a season ticket holder and as I have to fly into London I would normally select the games at the start of each season so that I can book my flights at a cheaper price? The process that they’re putting in place will just not work for me. Anyone else have thoughts on it?

Comments

• I saw the option of nominating a friend or family member to part- own your ticket, which I thought was a sensible idea for people who want to keep their options open for later in the season.
  • I personally wouldn't recommend being a season ticket holder in the current climate. You're probably better off waiting till a potential "half season" ticket. The Ballot seems crazy, all the admin fees and such to maybe not get to watch a single game.
  • I personally wouldn't recommend being a season ticket holder in the current climate. You're probably better off waiting till a potential "half season" ticket. The Ballot seems crazy, all the admin fees and such to maybe not get to watch a single game.

Yeah I’m beginning to wonder if it’s worth all the hassle that goes with it, crowds might not even get back for next season. I have a concession season ticket so the decision will be do I pay for it anyway just to retain my seat or use the seat that’s in front of the tele.
  • The ballot will ensure all ST holders see the same number of games. If you are drawn out for week 1 you won't be entered again until all ST holders have seen at least 1 game each.
    There is unlikely to be any half season tickets as if you don't renew then your ST will be offered to the waiting list.
    I will be renewing.
  • I would like to know how much notice they’re going to give if you if you are successful in a draw, before the game actually takes place
  • If you are on Twitter you could try @WestHamHelp
  • IronHerb said:

If you are on Twitter you could try @WestHamHelp

Cheers
  • I will be renewing but not until the last minute.Rather have the money in my bank than theirs. =)
  • See they have extended renewal until the 11th of September.
  • Both my son and myself have renewed, we chose option 3 which allows you to pay 30% of your ticket and the remainder once the stadium is permitted to have 70% crowd capacity back
  • I've gone option 3 as well.
  • I renewed today.
  • Why buy a ticket
    When not sure of quality of football
  • Yeah, I'm surprised so many people go and watch League 1 and 2 football.
  • Count me out of a season ticket
    Rubbish team