has David had his chips?Goodbye Mr Moyes?

At the end of his previous spell with us, I thought Moyes might have done enough to be kept on, but definitely not this time.

If we don’t get relegated, he is rightly entitled to claim he kept us up, but I struggle to see much good he has done for us, or any positive effect he has had on the squad. Or how we play.

See Ham suggested he’d take Dyche, but I can’t see too many Hammers putting up with how he sets up his team. Plus he is totally inflexible – he just does what he is used to regardless of opposition.

Doubtless some would consider St Eddie of Howe if available, but I’ve always felt he is overrated. And again he is a ‘I’m not changing’ type, which is all very well if you are bobbing in mid-table with a club with low expectations, but they’ve been rooted at the bottom for ages, and he insists they need to ‘keep doing what they do well, which simply seems to be get thumped.

Comments

• Yep just go Moyes
  • Moyes is not my choice of manager but we cannot keep changing. He has inherited some players that are simply not up to it and were brought in for a different style of play under Pelle. I think he should stay on (he probably will anyway) and deliver on bringing in younger, hungry players. To do this he will need support from the top but will he get it???
  • Except this isn't the end of his "spell" with us, he has a contract until the end of next season and after the way he was dumped in 2018 I imagine there are clauses that would make it very expensive for S&G to terminate his "spell" early regardless of whether we get relegated or not.

Moyes will be here next season so its pretty pointless discussing a replacement
  • Except this isn't the end of his "spell" with us, he has a contract until the end of next season and after the way he was dumped in 2018 I imagine there are clauses that would make it very expensive for S&G to terminate his "spell" early regardless of whether we get relegated or not.

Moyes will be here next season so its pretty pointless discussing a replacement

Sadly agree with your comment....

But some of us can live in hope and have some fun, no!... ;)
  • forgot to log out of the Costas test account...