Other games Weekend December 7th

Watching Bournemouth vs Liverpool, I get that Liverpool are simply good and Bournemouth have a couple of key injuries but this is a training game.

Masterclass by Salah but Bournemouth have offered up nothing whatsoever in terms of effort or quality.

Comments

• edited December 2019
    So VAR overturns a true clear and obvious error and awarded a penalty to Man U that the ref missed. what is interesting is that having missed the incident entirely, the ref then felt it right to award a yellow card.

It is not as if the Incident was behind the Ref, he had a good view of it but somehow deemed the challenge as benign.

Just for clarity it certainly should have been a penalty but I am on the fence over the awarding of the yellow card. :hmm:
  • Personally I doubt very much that it would have been given at the start of the season, not such a clear and obvious error as others that VAR refused to overturn in the first couple of months. I get that the guidelines have been revised to some extent as, after very very few decisions being awarded by VAR suddenly a whole lot more are being given, but I have reservations about such a change mid-season.
  • Good job Villa are losing which is keeping us out of the bottom three with Saints winning.
  • All three results went our way today

Only Everton this weekend was a poor result from our perspective

Need to take advantage tomorrow, don’t want to keep looking over our shoulders
  • See Shelvey still in good form

Still annoyed we didn’t get him in the summer

Very solid PL CM
  • Lukerz said:

All three results went our way today

How ridiculous that we're already looking at other teams results to help us stay out of the bottom three.

How ridiculous that we're already hoping that teams like Norwich, Villa and Southampton lose so we can keep them at arms length below us.

How ridiculous that we're six points behind a team managed by Steve Bruce.

Considering what we (the fans) have had to give up, this is simply unacceptable.
  • edited December 2019
    Wolves have just scored a goal that we never could - first time passes and players busting a gut to get the ball.
    And now Brighton have done almost the same.
  • But they defend like us....
  • I'm so depressed
  • edited December 2019
    Propper, (full name David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri Pröpper) hero to zero in 8 minutes. Mind you with Wenceslaus as part of his name maybe it was a Xmas gift to Wolves :biggrin:
  • AC has provided his second assist in a row as a substitute for Newcastle, resulting in 6 points in a week for them

Lucas Perez doing well now he is away from West Ham also

Meanwhile we are able to call on the likes of Ajeti inspiration

I genuinely think anyone who comes to West Ham becomes rubbish (unless of course they are injured before that can happen)

I bet Hugill is dreading the prospect of having to come back

• Watching the Brighton v Wolves made me think about how we've performed against both of them since they returned to the EPL.

vs BHA 5 games - 2 points out of 15.
    vs Wolves 3 games - 0 points out of 9.

We the fans expect to win these games, don't we, because they're new boys and won't be able to hack the EPL.
    Well maybe the problem is that the players expect to do so as well.
    All they have to do is turn up, right.
    How would you describe that attitude - I'd say it was arrogance.
    Is that because we have the 3rd.highest attendances (see below), and ironically behind ManU and Arsenal - both of whom are relatively struggling.
    With that kind of loyal support - and remember, even when we were in the Champo, our average was around 30,000 (approx. 85% capacity) - we SHOULD be a big club.

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2018-2019/1/

I do know one thing and that is, with the level of support that they get, we deserve much, much better. :scarf:
  • edited December 2019

How would you describe that attitude - I'd say it was arrogance.

I'd describe it as a product of your imagination :biggrin:

You are cherry-picking the results that support your theory and ignoring those that disprove it.
  • There aren't too many cherries to pick MrsGrey are there, 1 win in 9?
    You can't argue though, can you, that we deserve better.
  • With that kind of loyal support - and remember, even when we were in the Champo, our average was around 30,000 (approx. 85% capacity) - we SHOULD be a big club.

The last time Newcastle were in the Championship (16/17) they averaged 51,106 (97% capacity). They've been getting crowds around the 50k mark since they expanded the stadium in 2000 (apart from 2009/10 when they slumped to 43k after relegation).

By that logic Newcastle fans should expect to be challenging for the title
  • There aren't too many cherries to pick MrsGrey are there, 1 win in 9?
    You can't argue though, can you, that we deserve better.

I don't feel I 'deserve' anything... West Ham doesn't owe me.

But I know others feel differently, obviously.
  • Aslef, they're currently in a better position in the table to be challenging for the title than us. ;)
  • Since 2012 they've not finished higher than 10th and we've finished above them more times than not.

And they've had to suffer under Mike Ashely's ownership since 2007, it can't be easy being a Barcode.
  • There is some comfort to be had to being a barcode, when they are feeling low they can simply think of Sunderland :whistle: