FA Cup Final... and Repeat.

13»

Comments

• From a sartorial point of view, how ridiculous does Schmeichel look, suit, shirt & tie, and white trainers.
    You're not 20 years old Schmeichel. =)
  • Grealishs arm rose up to the ball so it's handball.
  • Doesn’t matter now
    The right result prevailed 😃
  • From a sartorial point of view, how ridiculous does Schmeichel look, suit, shirt & tie, and white trainers.

But you're obviously of an age. 😂
  • And now I'm remembering a song from "The Goodies"

If you want to know how to judge a guy
    Don't look at his shirt, don't look at his tie
    If you really want to know him
    Look at his shoes ... sh-shiny shoes!

Don't trust that collar, don't believe that cuff
    Smart suspenders is not enough
    If you really want to know him
    Look at his shoes ... sh-shiny shoes!

The devil has the smartest shoes, that's what they say
    But cop a look at those daisy roots
    Oh gawd blimey, what a giveaway!

Bill Oddie wrote all the songs btw
  • IronHerb said:

From a sartorial point of view, how ridiculous does Schmeichel look, suit, shirt & tie, and white trainers.

But you're obviously of an age. 😂
    Odd comment. Don't tell me you wear trainers with a suit at your age, which by your posts is 60+.
  • I don't and I am but fashion changes.
  • Fashions change but style endures
  • It’s the Guardian - what else would anyone expect!
  • MrsGrey said:
    Thankfully the author was probably but a glimmer in his mums eye when a certain Iain Dowie was plying his trade
  • edited June 2023
    I thought it was quite amusing

ten Hag has had one season and is the 4th Man Utd manager n the seven seasons Guardiola has been at City

Stability delivers success
  • edited June 2023
    It was the bits where he was disparaging ( for laughs) at the expense of the named players. I don't mind the more general stuff about how Man U have spent unwisely or unsuccessfully. But he could still have made the same ( valid imo) point without the digs.

We are all used to having the vapours when social media ( init) attacks them, but it just seemed unnecessarily mean that a renowned sportswriter should do it.

To answer my own question, probably just me.
  • I think he made some valid points. Man Utd isn't a team, more a collection of players accumulated under various managers but without any real sense of unity or understanding

And some of those players who were named might be capable of playing at Premier League standard but seem to be failing to live up to their potential

Give ten Hag two, three or four seasons and je might be able to create a tram but does the board have the patience
  • edited June 2023

Give ten Hag two, three or four seasons and he might be able to create a tram

Freudian slip 😆
  • Indeed

Public transport is in my blood

And Manchester already has wonderful trams
  • Best post match interview comment imo was Man U manager, “We gave away two soft goals”.
    Yep, that first one was rubbish wasn’t it.
  • Just watched it. The best team won the best fans won, the best owners ... oh, not going there 😉
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2023/jun/06/david-squires-on-manchester-city-beating-united-to-win-the-fa-cup-final

Had to do a bit of modding on Aslef's post but, essentially, this is what he was linking to.

*Read at your ow risk.
  • This made me laugh (BBC)
    There were boos from the Manchester United section when Michael Oliver was announced as today's VAR.

I am not sure whether they were booing Oliver or the existence of VAR. Without it, they wouldn't be here as Coventry's last-minute extra time goal in the semi-final would have stood.
This discussion has been closed.