Next Nine Games (GW 24-32)

edited February 2023 in Men's First Team
Remember, this IS NOT a prediction game. This is simply saying, from this batch of fixtures, what is the cut off point between good and bad. You could go one further and say what is the cut off between good, decent and bad if you want to, but basically you need to say the number that think is acceptable after this run of games.

So, our next 8 games are:
25. Nottingham Forest at The London Stadium
26. Brighton & HA at The Amex Stadium
27. Aston Villa at The London Stadium
28. Manchester City at The Eithad Stadium (Possibly not due to FA Cup Sixth Round)
29. Southampton at The London Stadium
30. Fulham at Craven Cottage
31. Arsenal at The London Stadium
32. AFC Bournemouth at The Vitality Stadium

Comments

• 3 points. I'm not sure if I'm being generous or not.
  • we need 12
  • We need to win games 25, 29 & 32, possibly even No.27 as well. Only matches where defeat should be deemed as expected are 28 and unfortunately 31! A win at Brighton or Fulham could be a bonus depending on if they are still in the FA Cup?

Minimum 12, anything less is poor. Good above 15.
  • I think we need 10 from those, but I think we’ll take 12.
  • 13 good. Below 10 and we are doomed.
  • He needs to do the impossible and win the next 3 on the bounce with bogey team Brighton there too.
  • I'd be shocked if we got more than six points from those games. Southampton and Bournemouth would be my picks but they could be in good form by then so who knows. Ive just looked at our fixtures and am seriously worried.
  • I think we probably need to beat Forest, because if we lose to them an 8 point gap is a lot to catch them up, and if we lose to Villa we definitely won't be catching them, so not losing that is important. Bournemouth and Southampton are huge games.
  • We need 12 minimum in my view and 14-15 if we want to have a less stressful final few matches.
  • edited February 2023
    Imo Forest, Villa and Fulham have too much fight for us as it stands so I doubt we'll get much from those if anything. Brighton is Brighton and the same excuse will be used that we're jinxed or cursed even though they are essentially just Brighton. Arsenal and City are just a waist of time as we'll set up not to lose and then we'll lose.
  • @Hamstew, I best look up the directions to Home Park then based on that!
  • There is nothing to suggest to me at least that we will all of a sudden start winning games.
  • Am I missing something again ,but is not Forest our 24th game not 25th
  • edited February 2023
    @steve, Yes I have gone early. It is our 24th match but I wanted to start a new thread carrying on from the last batch of eight games. =) We should have played Newcastle at home by now.
  • 14 is optimistically good. Below 10 is realistically bad.
  • Lukerz said:

You think 1 is the minimum acceptable level?

To quote every single one of these threads since the second one “remember, this isn’t a prediction thread”.
  • The way we’re playing, I’d accept 1 😉
  • In all seriousness, I’d say 11
  • 24. Nottingham Forest at The London Stadium
    25. Brighton & HA at The Amex Stadium
    26. Aston Villa at The London Stadium
    27. Manchester City at The Eithad Stadium (Possibly not due to FA Cup Sixth Round)
    28. Southampton at The London Stadium
    29. Newcastle United at The London Stadium
    30. Fulham at Craven Cottage
    31. Arsenal at The London Stadium
    32. AFC Bournemouth at The Vitality Stadium

Now updated and corrected! =) Apologies I wasn't able to change the title to Nine games 24-32?

• Now updated and corrected! =) Apologies I wasn't able to change the title to Nine games 24-32?

Done it for you