FA Cup 4th round. A derby, you say?

edited January 2023 in Men's First Team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Brentford again (away) FA Cup 3rd round, 5:30pm Saturday 7th January (not on TV).

Comments

• Away to Derby in the 4th round.
  • Away to a derby next.
  • Ah the Ravel Morrison Derby Derby you say 🤔
  • The Igor Stimac Derby Derby I hear you also say.
  • The Derek Hales derby.
    * one for the kids there
  • Away again. We don't seem to have much luck in being drawn at home, I thought I might be imagining it, but over the last 10 seasons we've been drawn away 17 times, and at home only 6 times.
  • Put it down to experience, but for some reason I suspect that the traditional lower league cup humiliation is heading our way.
  • adecoker said:

Put it down to experience, but for some reason I suspect that the traditional lower league cup humiliation is heading our way.

That’s the spirit!

• Paulo Wanchope enters and says 'I say chaps, what about me for the Derby Derby?'
  • Chris Powell is feeling very left out of the Derby Derby 🥹
  • edited January 2023
    I can hear it now as the coach (John) Harkes at the players to get their (Paul) Kitson ready to be playing (Stephen) Bywater. =)
  • Monday night on ITV. COYI
  • And so are Manchester United primetime on Saturday evening. Yippee - Not!
  • Coolio, I start annual leave on Sunday 29th

ITV gets City v Arsenal on Friday, Man U v Reading on Saturday, Brighton v Liverpool/Wolves on Sunday and WHU v Derby on Monday

BBC gets Spurs v PNE on Saturday and Sheff U v Wrexham on Sunday

Maybe it was ITV's turn to pick

BYW we aren't on ITV proper, we're on ITV4, the channel that shows The Professionals, The Sweeney and Minder. Ironically back when those were being made Derby v West Ham would have been between two top flight teams...
  • edited January 2023

BYW we aren't on ITV proper, we're on ITV4, the channel that shows The Professionals, The Sweeney and Minder. Ironically back when those were being made Derby v West Ham would have been between two top flight teams...

Not always, certainly for us anyway, given the Professionals was filmed between 1977 and 1981 and we spent a good chunk of that in the 2nd division.