Other Matches over Christmas and New Year

Glad I didn't start this gloatingly when Spurs were 2-0 down to Brentford as they managed to nick a point in the early game.

I think we can all guess Ham's Christmas wish, Palace are 2 goals and 2 men down at home to Fulham.

Comments

• That’s just the way Zaha Zaha he likes it Zaha Zaha 🎶
  • Leeds fans applauding their players off, after being beaten 3-1.
  • Amazing support from Leeds fans during the game when they were behind, puts into perspective some of our support, at the last home game, Leicester, the stadium was half empty with ten minutes to go and many of those still there at the final whistle booed the players off (not me).
  • Amazing support from Leeds fans during the game when they were behind, puts into perspective some of our support, at the last home game, Leicester, the stadium was half empty with ten minutes to go and many of those still there at the final whistle booed the players off (not me).

IMHO for what it's worth is it's all about expectations & having the "imaginary" bar being raised by the previous seasons with a squad that has been improved considerably with our new signings blah blah blah. Many of our supporters didn't expect us to be in the position we currently find ourselves in genuinely believing feeling such angst was in the past. I have a friend who is a Leeds fan & his hopes for this season was to survive much as they did last year. Losing to Manchester City having put a shift in when we didn't v Arsenal is probably why they showed such support.
  • Tbh from what I watched of Leeds, they had a go at Man City when they could but just didn’t have the quality. It’s a lot easier to applaud that even after a loss.

But the moans and leaving early always comes too quickly with us and it can often be really quiet. There are lots of people who almost never join a chant. A lot of fans have forgotten the “support” part of this all
  • It’s them ‘plus twos’
  • edited December 2022

Tbh from what I watched of Leeds, they had a go at Man City when they could but just didn’t have the quality.

Demonstrates that even if you get at them, top teams usually have the quality to beat you on account of.. being top teams. The argument from some of our fans often seems to ignore the evidence that even if you go out all guns blazing, you can still, and most probably will, lose.
  • MrsG, All we are asking for is evidence the team are sent out to try at least to give it a go which hasn’t been the case on several occasions by the way we have played. 👍
  • So you are happy now, then, obvs.
    Cos that's all you are asking for. :-)
  • Wout Faes on a hattrick lol
  • A number of FF managers tearing their hair out 🤣
  • Well if they actually had him AND put him in the back line vs Liverpool away then I'm not saying anything is deserved but that wouldve been a pretty brave move (and when I say brave...)
  • You don't mean one of the North American variety.
  • Faes only a header away from a perfect OG hat-trick
  • MrsGrey said:

Tbh from what I watched of Leeds, they had a go at Man City when they could but just didn’t have the quality.

Demonstrates that even if you get at them, top teams usually have the quality to beat you on account of.. being top teams. The argument from some of our fans often seems to ignore the evidence that even if you go out all guns blazing, you can still, and most probably will, lose.
    I think everyone knows that though. But what we've seen is defending really deep and clinging on but not managing to do that, because the top teams can still get through that.
  • Wolves showing us how to at lest put up a fight against Man u
  • Newcastle are so good to watch
  • Watching man city ,hope they score a few
  • That Everton shirt, apart from the shocking pink hue, there is a really weird design in the front, cannot believe they will sell out any time soon,

If there is anyone out there who wants one, I suggest checking out the clearance rack
  • I find it kind of sad that i want teams like Fulham,crystal palace to win and help us out
  • Everton drawing at Man City. A result we can only dream about hahaha
  • steve said:

I find it kind of sad that i want teams like Fulham,crystal palace to win and help us out

But we've wanted the same over the passed couple of seasons haven't we?
  • edited December 2022
    Really enjoyed Arsenal Vs Brighton, twice Arsenal were 3 up and yet right up to the end, Brighton never gave up and can reasonably feel hard done by in not getting something out of the game.

I know you can never change your football team, you just can’t, but if you could……….I like the town, I like their shirt, I enjoy watching them, and you still get to hate Palace.

What’s there not to like 🤔
  • The fact that we never beat them =)
  • edited January 2023

Really enjoyed Arsenal Vs Brighton, twice Arsenal were 3 up and yet right up to the end, Brighton never gave up and can reasonably feel hard done by in not getting something out of the game.

I know you can never change your football team, you just can’t, but if you could……….I like the town, I like their shirt, I enjoy watching them, and you still get to hate Palace.

Most of their fan base have jumped on the bandwagon since they have been a Championship/Prem side in a new stadium.
    Living near Brighton I know about 10 people that support other teams but have a season ticket there because it's easy to get one and it's local to them.
  • Ham 👍🏻
    The majority of season tickets holders I know, Brighton are their second team
    But they end up describing them as ‘we’
    Hold up I’ve known you 15 years and you’re a ‘Villa’ fan 🤦‍♂️
  • Hamstew said:

Most of their fan base have jumped on the bandwagon since they have been a Championship/Prem side in a new stadium.
    Living near Brighton I know about 10 people that support other teams but have a season ticket there because it's easy to get one and it's local to them.
    It is the worst ground in the Prem to get to.
  • Depends where you start from IH
  • Yeah it does depend. For me its a peice of cake. Down the A23 to a park and ride. BOSH!
    I don't mind Brighton but they do have a very plastic vibe about them imo.
  • One mate tbf to him who is a Glasgow Rangers fan and has had a season ticket since they have been in the prem, I asked him if he will be renewing again (this was couple of seasons back I think) and he said ‘mate of course, if it gets me out every other Saturday from doing something with the kids then I’m there!’ 😂