England Vs France - Saturday 10th Dec 7pm Kick off

2»

Comments

• We seemed to increase the tempo just after they scored (and, as usual, looked better for it), but then seemed to revert to something much slower which really doesn't play to our strengths imo.
  • I thought the ref was equally *biased/inept ( delete as appropriate). He didn't give some things England's way, but equally gave some things for us that were arguable.

Both Kane and Mbappe 'buying' fouls.
  • But the two main mistake’s were the foul on Saka for their goal and the foul on Kane, probably outside the area, but still a foul.
  • Spurs v Spurs and Spurs wins, not sure if I can be happy ;)
  • I'm worried that Jordan Pickford's head might explode
  • Think Rice has had a good match
  • Danny Murphy agrees.
  • How much has Declan’s value increased in the World Cup?
  • edited December 2022
    Ref definitely gave more their (or didn't give our) way, even the second penalty was only after VAR intervention. Although the focus will be on Kane's penalty miss, the ref really didn't give us an even chance imo.
  • Don’t blame the Ref. Still we can carry on hating Spurs with even more fervour. 🥲
  • Kane's penalty miss, just so very Spursy. I think it was a mistake for him to take it, should have been someone else.
  • I hate Spurs as much as anyone but I find it hard to lay blame at him. There is no one else I'd rather have taking that personally. Just one of those things.
  • Rice should have taken it =) =) =)
  • It was a truly shocking penalty though, it has to be said.
  • Rice is coming home =)
  • edited December 2022
    We can IMO be quite proud of that performance..
    Don’t think we deserved to lose, but that’s the way it goes…
    To blame Kane or Spurs is people surely having a laugh and that’s it..
    Just not meant to be..
    Thought Rice had a very good game, like most of England’s team tonight
    Oh well…
    Come on Morocco 🇲🇦
  • When are FIFA going to get the right refs in for the big matches? Sick to death with useless referees.
  • edited December 2022
    World Cup - quarters. More = punching above their weight. Lower= disappointing.

Euros - semis. Same.

So, probably ok with tonights result. And will be glad not to have to listen to all the nonsense that comes if we had come further.
  • edited December 2022

When are FIFA going to get the right refs in for the big matches? Sick to death with useless referees.

Tbh, this evening's ref and the one for Netherlands/Argentina were shocking appointments, both were dreadful in such important games.
  • Has Southgate quit yet
  • No criticism required after that performance.
    Those players can hold their heads high.
    Proud tonight.
  • At least we won’t have to listen to the “it’s coming home” rubbish any longer. I’m not even sure what it means as it wasn’t invented in England anyway.
  • Kane's penalty miss, just so very Spursy. I think it was a mistake for him to take it, should have been someone else.

I just want to say the first part of that comment was meant very tongue in cheek but I stand by the second part. It would have avoided the obvious mind games between Lloris and Kane.
  • edited December 2022

Kane's penalty miss, just so very Spursy. I think it was a mistake for him to take it, should have been someone else.

I just want to say the first part of that comment was meant very tongue in cheek but I stand by the second part. It would have avoided the obvious mind games between Lloris and Kane.
    But then that person might miss and everyone says how has Kane not taken that. Very easy in hindsight imo.
  • Hamstew said:

Kane's penalty miss, just so very Spursy. I think it was a mistake for him to take it, should have been someone else.

But then that person might miss and everyone says how has Kane not taken that. Very easy in hindsight imo.
    We'll never know will we.
  • So England are apparently out of the World Cup. I haven't watched a single minute of it. Everything I know has come from news bulletins and newspapers. It's not a political stand, because I cannot claim to be greatly exercised by LGBT+ rights, minority workers rights and all the rest. It is just that the whole event is saturated in corruption, greed and intolerance. It stinks.

I won't be watching either semi-final or the final itself.
  • But that's the football fan narrative...
    Change one thing ( in hindsight). Should have started Player x, should have dropped player y, should have subbed on player z at 60 minutes etc etc. The narrative being, the result would have been better. Nobody ever acknowledged that it could also have been worse.

But .. Moyes out. Or whatever.
  • At least we won’t have to listen to the “it’s coming home” rubbish any longer. I’m not even sure what it means as it wasn’t invented in England anyway.

I actually wanted us to win it but hey ho.
  • MIAHammer said:

How much has Declan’s value increased in the World Cup?

As well as he played, and in isolation I believe his value would have increased, the fact that Bellingham had such a good tournament might have a negative impact on Rice's value given Bellingham is likely to move in the summer as well.
  • Definitely feel we were the better side, the fact that we were so close and deserving of a better end result has left me feeling really flat.

Will get over it as I thought that everyone played their part and they can hold their heads up high.

Come on Morocco

This discussion has been closed.