Other matches 29/10 onwards

2»

Comments

• Are there still places around the world where there’s no internet?
    If so that must be where my Chelsea mate has gone on holiday.Bit strange though as he hadn’t said he was going away.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Yet another example of VAR looking at a rugby tackle but deciding this week not to give it.
  • edited October 2022

Diego Costa sent off for Wolves today; according to the BBC that's his first red card in the Pemier League which I must admit I'm very surprised by 🤔🤔🤔

Edit: although IH does make a very good point.

He's had a sending off though, before, I think ( 2 yellows). And possibly a retrospective ban? I'll see if I can look it up.

Edit. Yes. 2 yellows in a match against Everton.
    Plus 2 retrospective 3 match bans for various violent conduct. One v Arsenal and once v Liverpool.
  • MrsGrey said:

Edit. Yes. 2 yellows in a match against Everton.
    Plus 2 retrospective 3 match bans for various violent conduct. One v Arsenal and once v Liverpool.

So not quite the "angel" the BBC were suggesting he was. The fact that he had 2 restrospective bans is consistent with expected "Sky 6" leniency from onfield refs which is obviously a huge benefit during matches (although both were against fellow members), especially when you consider the number of reds we've had rescinded.
  • Tbf, my take on the BBC comment was that it was a bit surprising that he hadn’t got a red before.
  • edited October 2022
    Slacker said:

Tbf, my take on the BBC comment was that it was a bit surprising that he hadn’t got a red before.

For sure, but it was rather misleading, and in fact inaccurate, nonetheless; he has had a red card before, just not a straight red.
  • Just watching the preamble to the final game.
    A comment about Leeds under Bielsa:

The football was great but the defending was poor.

?????

Defending isn't football?
  • MrsGrey said:

Just watching the preamble to the final game.
    A comment about Leeds under Bielsa:

The football was great but the defending was poor.

?????

Defending isn't football?

I'm sure they meant that it was open, entertaining football. I get your point, but a match that was 0-0 with no shots from either side wouldn't often be described as a great game of football, would it?
  • Leeds go ahead in the 90th minute.
  • Wow, what a win for Leeds

What is going wrong at Liverpool

Is Klopp under pressure, they look like a team at the end of a cycle and in need of a new face
  • To be fair, the Leeds keeper was not just man of the match but should be given the keys to the city,

Had a proper LOL moment when the 2nd went in,
  • What has happens to lingard.missed 2 chances now .real let off we did not get him
  • steve said:

What has happens to lingard.missed 2 chances now .real let off we did not get him

From the BBC Premier League feed:

"You have to feel a bit for Jesse Lingard. Scott McKenna doesn't give him a prayer of reaching a long ball forward down the left.

Mind you, he is earning enough to go on a few runs down blind alleys, so I'm not that sympathetic."

Pretty much how I feel 😂🤣😂

• Yikes. Arsenal 4-0 up.

Forest really are in a relegation battle.

Actually, not sure it's a battle.
  • MrsGrey said:

Yikes. Arsenal 4-0 up.

Forest really are in a relegation battle.

Actually, not sure it's a battle.

I think this year could go down to the wire. We’re a third of the way through the season and no one has really been set adrift as yet. A few bad results and any number of teams could be dragged into a relegation fight.
  • Anyone following the Womens match @ Arsenal? For those who aren't we are losing 3-1 but have become the first team to score against them in 15 hours & 43 minutes. We have though had a seemingly good goal disallowed and the third Arsenal goal there was a player offside in the build up. So it doesn't only happen in the Mens game that the top sides get the biased decisions!!!
  • Just seen Arsenal had nine substitutes to choose from whereas we had only 5?
  • Brynjarsdottir has scored four goals in six WSL games. How long before one of the big teams decide they ought to have her? Although she is a West Ham fan.
  • Slacker said:

Are there still places around the world where there’s no internet?
    If so that must be where my Chelsea mate has gone on holiday.Bit strange though as he hadn’t said he was going away.🤷🏻‍♂️

There are still 3% of households in the UK without internet access.
  • IronHerb said:

Slacker said:

Are there still places around the world where there’s no internet?

There are still 3% of households in the UK without internet access.
    My Liverpool supporting colleague appears to live in one =) =) =)
  • Nice to see Man Utd didn't manage to win their Europa League group, so not only might they get drawn Barcelona or Juve in the knockout to get to the last 16, they have an extra 2 games to play 😊
  • Maguire was playing up front for a while 😂
  • Nah, he just forgot they swapped ends at half time