Well , well, welll we have purchased some new faces-how do think we will do this season?

Have we bought enough players of skill and quality to stay in the top 8?

Comments

• Depends. Aston Villa and Palace could push on, but one of the top 6 could implode. Dark horses are Southampton. So, yes, we'll make it three top 8s in a row - surely a record for West Ham 😉
  • I think it’s really tricky to say. For me, all of the top six (except Man Utd) have bought really smartly so far this window. Outside of that, teams are doing good business, but nobody is really standing out for me. Right now, I think we can consider top 7/8 a good target. But Newcastle, Villa, Brighton & Wolves could be challengers.
  • I don't think we can really say just yet, as we've still got some potentially really important business still to do, as other clubs may have.
  • Thin kthe target has to be top 7, that would be 3 seasons in a row and 3 seasons of European football

Want us to take the europa conference seriously, probably an easier rtask of getting Europa as the top 6 have all spent serious money (as have we)

Keeping Rice and Bowen hopefully is a huge plus

Scamacca I'm praying is as good a she sounds on paper, gutted Aguerd is already injured as he looks a top player

So yea, top 7 and another rgood Europe run
  • Biggest threat to that top 7 I think will be Leicester without any European distraction.
    Just about if they can keep hold of their top players this season.
  • and City getting thumped, they of course will want to make a statement against us
  • Biggest threat to that top 7 I think will be Leicester without any European distraction.

Yeah Leicester is a weird one though. No new signings, a good chance that Tielemans will be off it seems.
  • Not top seven but I think Palace could spoil a few teams and knick some odd points.
  • I hate palace so much. I pray for relegation
  • Hamstew said:

I hate palace so much. I pray for relegation

Really? You kept that a secret.
  • alderz said:

Biggest threat to that top 7 I think will be Leicester without any European distraction.

Yeah Leicester is a weird one though. No new signings, a good chance that Tielemans will be off it seems.
    I think the injuries to key players took there toll, Fofana, Evans and Vardy. Keeping them fit and keeping hold of their stars, I think they will be back up there.
  • What are the overall views of how the season has started? I am relatively happy/calm but I think it his is due to us having European football. Had we not been in the ECL, I think I would’ve been underwhelmed with our season start of 11 points from 33. I think, given we lost 5 of our first 7 league games, I am relatively content with where we are & predict we will continue to improve.
  • Think its been OK, definitely a better feeling than after the first 6 games

Very disruptive campaign, injuries to a lot of our defenders, new signings bedding themselves in and the Europa Confernece, which while European football I'm glad we are in, isn't as glamorous as even the Europa and we're travelling quite a lot

3 of our next 4 Prem games before the WC are at home and against teams we'd expect to win (Bournemouth, Palace and Leicester) based off current form

Win them and I'm sure we'll be in the top half of the table looking up not down

Got to improve away from home, 4 points (1 W / 1D / 4L) in 6 games doesn't make great reading
  • I wouldn't call two trips to Denmark and one to Belgium as a lot of travel. We're likely to put a mixed team out against FCSB so again not particularly disruptive.
  • I think it’s been ok. We’ve had a few seasons of things being much better than I’m used to. This is about normal, but hopefully we’ll pick up even further.
  • It’s been ok, a bit disappointing if I am honest. Have we lost games I expected us not to - Yes. Have we won a match where I thought we wouldn’t - No. 11 points after 8 was acceptable that is what I posted at the start of the season.
  • I don't expect anything more than a top ten finish in the league this season, I think we'll see this team come to fruition next season. I am more than hopeful we can win the ECL though, with a little bit of luck.
  • Agreed Preston, we’re due a “ normal “ West Ham season. I’d love a day out at Wembley though.