Other games 20th august -22nd

Oh dear Frank and Steve G and saint Brenda so far

Comments

• There’s gonna be a very sad clown this evening
  • Assist Pickford hoooooooof
  • Are villa the most over hyped team to exist?
  • As bad as some of these teams look .i dont like how the table looks ,need to beat Brighton and get our season going
  • Hamstew said:

Are villa the most over hyped team to exist?

Not sure about that, but they were awful defensively today, they need to make some big improvements or they're gonna ship a lot of goals this season.
  • All I ever see is pundits etc predicting them to finish 9th to 6th and for all their time in the Prem I've never seen anything to suggest that they are anywhere near that. Lots of better teams in the league.
  • steve said:

As bad as some of these teams look .i dont like how the table looks ,need to beat Brighton and get our season going

We’ve played two games.
  • Looks like Arsenal are playing in a Spuds kit
  • Slacker said:

steve said:

As bad as some of these teams look .i dont like how the table looks ,need to beat Brighton and get our season going

We’ve played two games.
    And we have scored no goals and got no points. Nobody is saying that means we’re going to go down or anything ridiculous, just that getting goals and points under our belts is important.
  • That’s right, no one said we are going down so why the touchy response?
  • I remember when newspapers and BBC didn't bother with tables until September

Last season after 3 matches Spurs were top, we were 2nd, Everton were 6th, City were 7th and Arsenal were bottom

This early in the season league positions are pretty meaningless
  • Yup, two games in which we were rinsed by probably the best team in the world and then were beaten by a fluke goal having hit the bar twice, had a perfectly good goal disallowed and missed a penalty.
  • Watched the Arsenal again last night, I think I’ll swap to them now.
  • No Slacker you want to switch to Spurs!!!!! :p
  • edited August 2022
    It all could be worse. Dortmund was 2-0 up after 88 mins yesterday and lost the match!
    Against a team that has been freshly promoted.
  • I am not bothered about positions in the table at this stage. But I am bothered that we lost to Forest, and I will be very bothered if we lose today.
  • My favourite result yesterday was Fulham 3 Brentford 2 as I have an irrational dislike of Brentford. Then again, does it have to be rational? =)
  • Look away wombat
  • edited August 2022
    West Ham's Womens team have just lost a friendly, yes I know, 5-0 to a Liverpool team who were promoted at the end of last season. They are now managed by Matt Beard (ex manager) and three of the goals were scored by Leanne Keirnan, one of our old players. Need to stop letting our best players leave with no real quality coming in.
  • On the plus side Leeds 3-0 Chelsea and City already 1-0 up at Newcastle
  • Scenes at St James's park
  • On the plus side Leeds 3-0 Chelsea and City already 1-0 up at Newcastle

Newcastle 2-1 City

I hope Moyes is watching this and taking notes on how to play without fear.
  • Newcastle absolutely brilliant

Just attacking City.....City can't defend when you uactually get at them
  • Actually I dont know why I am smiling as my cheap team has Ederson in goal and I captained Cancelo. Ohhh well
  • edited August 2022
    Stunning free kick by Trippier
    Barcodes 3 City 1
  • Toon 3-1

Huge cheer down the pub
  • St Maximin running City ragged, isn't Cornet a similar type of player?
  • This game has also made me realize that despite having Haaland, when he hit the post I smiled and when I watch him I hope he doesn't score. Owning him out of fear doesnt sit well for me so I reckon I will bin him off

#Haaland scores literally as I finished typing the above haha
  • Your post echoed my earlier thoughts...
    I was giving him a last chance.