New NFC Season Tickets

The new season tickets will shortly be issued and will only work on mobile phones, they can no longer be printed as they were last season. Apparently all premier league teams will be operating with this system. The season ticket will be emailed and then you can download it to your phone wallet, you only have to do this once as it will automatically load the next match for you. People who don’t have phones can call the ticket office for an alternative way of receiving their ticket. It looks like passing your ticket to a family member or friend when you can’t attend the game will no longer be possible. I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the subject.

Comments

• I'd like to know how you call the ticket office if you don't have a phone 😉
  • They used NFC tickets a bit last season. You were able to email the ticket to someone else and they could add to their wallet and tap in. So hopefully can still pass it on. It might be different if it’s just one ticket for the whole season rather than the individual ones from last season though.

• Hamstew said:

I'd like to know how you call the ticket office if you don't have a phone 😉

You write, beginning your letter “Dear sir/madam” or “to whom it may concern”.
  • I used NFC last season. It's basically a contactless system as opposed to a QR / barcode reader system.

This breaks it down, including how to forward -

http://hammersunited.com/our-guide-to-nfc-season-tickets-2/
  • IronHerb said:

I used NFC last season. It's basically a contactless system as opposed to a QR / barcode reader system.

👍 cheers IH

• edited July 2022
    IronHerb said:

I used NFC last season. It's basically a contactless system as opposed to a QR / barcode reader system.

Much simpler than the QR/Barcode system as well. Shouldn't have people fumbling around trying to scan their code

• DJ,

The Ticket Forwarding that you were concerned about appears to work ok. My mate has used it for the City game and it was a pretty straightforward process. All that is required is that the recipient of your ticket needs to have a Client Reference and be added to your 'Network'.
  • Thanks for that IH. When I can’t go my son usually takes his girlfriend. Good to know.
  • My mate who i go to the games with can't make it on sunday.
    Last season if he couldn’t go he would send me over his email for the game and I could print it off so someone else could go but it doesn’t look like I can do that now?
  • It needs to be done online via the OS but the recipient needs to have a Client Reference and be added to your mates Network.
  • Thanks IronHerb
  • edited August 2022
    Was just exploring Herb's solution and also found that if you choose the "download my ticket" option, it emails you with the same type of email as last season - a ticket for just this game that anyone should be able to download to their phone or print out.
  • Thanks Outcast
    Unfortunately my mate has a family issue so i don't really want to get in touch with him at the moment.
    No problem i'll just go on my own.
    Handy to know if this crops up again though.