Euro 2022

2»

Comments

• edited July 2022
    4-0, first time hit by Fran Kirby, keeper got a fair bit on it but not quite enough and it looped into the net as the keeper scrambled back to try and keep it out.
  • I know male keepers do it as well, but our keeper is ridiculous for diving to the floor whenever she catches the ball; it really is embarrassing and needs to be stamped down on imo (I'm a miserable old git, but it really bugs me 😕😕😕)
  • 4-0 FT 👏👏👏
  • One thing I have noticed, no diving about feigning injury or trying to get another player sent off.
  • I think Wiegmann's performance as manager highlights some of the issues with the men's team too. She's come in and just taken the shackles off, because she knows she's got exceptional attacking players. You look at the contrast in her style to Southgate's, and it's really easy to make a direct comparison between the two.
  • edited July 2022
    alderz said:

I think Wiegmann's performance as manager highlights some of the issues with the men's team too. She's come in and just taken the shackles off, because she knows she's got exceptional attacking players. You look at the contrast in her style to Southgate's, and it's really easy to make a direct comparison between the two.

Some of their attacking play last night was really good. Whenever I watch any football I compare it to how West Ham play, and I thought some of the interchanges in the final third were better than what we see every week. The women's game has certainly come a long, long way over the last 5-10 years.

Some of the goalkeeping in the tournament has been shocking though. That said, it must be a difficult position to play though given how much bigger the goals are for women 'keepers.
  • If the goals had been 5 a side size that Swedish goalie would have found a way to let them in. Swap keepers and we would have lost last night.
  • How did the French girl get a booking for that?
  • Anyone see that little girl interviewed by Gaby Logan when she told her they’d got her tickets to the final?She was literally dumbstruck.
    Proper made my day, bless her.
    If you missed it it’s on the BBC Sport website.

Was Michaela Dean the ref =)
  • For those who can't find the link Slacker refers to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62328004

(It took me a while!).

Was Michaela Dean the ref =)
    I looked her up and then my brain kicked into gear hahaha
  • I'm expecting England to be kicked all over the place by the Germans this afternoon.