Comments

• From the other thread

Exciting addition

I like that we've been after him for so long and finally got our man, sounds like we've properly identified him which is good to hear

Won't lie and say I've seen him play, but everything I've heard sounds like he's going to be very good and a great Ogbonna replacement/Zouma partner
  • Welcome...... and me he be the first of a couple more to come
  • yoyo said:

Welcome...... and me he be the first of a couple more to come

Then after the first two arrive can we have another 2 & then some more please
  • Great signing, this. We were linked last summer so I made a point of watching him at AFCON earlier this year. Looked good in the couple of games I watched and seems to have pace in abundance which is what we've been crying out for at the back. Big set-piece player too which can only be a good thing.

My only concern, and it's nothing to do with the player, is the implication by Ex that he can also fill in at left back. Whilst in itself a good thing, I hope it doesn't mean that we're not looking to sign a new LB this window and leaving Cresswell, Johnson and Aguerd as our options.
  • He is highly rated in France read a few articles on him and they all seem to agree he is good on the ball , good at set plays at both end of the pitch and pacey. I think him and Zouma could make a very good partnership and improve our distribution from the back whilst we still have decent cover in Ogbonna and Dawson.
  • Sky's French Football expert :-

"He's tall, quick and reads the game well and is a threat at set pieces. He's scored goals on set pieces offensively and we know how good West Ham are at set pieces. He's going to be another weapon in that armour on top of all the others. It doesn't matter whether he plays with Craig Dawson, Kurt Zouma or in a back three as Angelo Ogbonna who is back from injury as well. He's young too. He's a fantastic signing.

"He will go to the World Cup, so as a first season in England when you need to adapt, leaving for six weeks and coming back on Boxing Day may be a bit tricky. He's a really talented boy and polite too. He's got his feet on the ground, I couldn't speak more highly of him."
  • Welcome ,Now go and win us a cup
  • Loved reading all these positive comments, but nobody has confirmed the most important thing!
  • OCS, Is that the bus he needs to catch to get to training?
  • No27

No27

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• edited June 2022
    Coufal is the bus expert...

• Looking forward to the angry Algerian Facebookers when he gets posted on the socials and Benrahma doesn’t.
  • Seen the you tube of him, he looks very Declan esque, but better, in the way he sort of ghosts in and nicks the ball away.

Good signing.
  • Seen the you tube of him, he looks very Declan esque, but better, in the way he sort of ghosts in and nicks the ball away.

Good signing.

I said this weeks ago.
  • For me it’s his pedigree.

Champions League experience
    Europa League Conference experience
    Just finished 4th in League 1
    Experience at major international tournaments

He’s on the up, off the back of success & only 26
  • A couple of nice clips on u tube .Behind the scene at rush green ,And its a dream to join West ham .if anyone is interested sorry cant seem to post them-
  • edited July 2022
    Has had surgery on the ankle injury he sustained against Rangers. No timescale given on return (WHU website). Possibly 3-4 months.
  • Oh dear. Poor bloke.
  • If that time line is correct he may well miss the World Cup. You’ve got to feel for the poor bloke.
  • There has been some suggestion that this is minor surgery & he will potentially be available by the back end of August, but we’ll have to wait & see. Seems he could be out around a month, as opposed to 2-3. Fingers crossed.
  • Slacker said:

If that time line is correct he may well miss the World Cup. You’ve got to feel for the poor bloke.

It really is dreadful luck
  • C&H claims his inside source said "it looks like three months"

Guess we'll have to wait for Moyes or someone to confirm
  • I don't think we'll get that from the management team. They'll probably just say 'a little while' without any commitment to how long.

Shame for the lad. And for all of us really.
  • You must just feel like sometimes you can't win

You track your #1 target the guy we've tried for over multiple windows.....then you get him, spending a significant portion of our budget....only for him to get injured during pre-season and out for 3 months.....
  • Good news is that we’ve already made our key January signing